its over!

ga0509

Registered Users (C)
the first part of my journey can be seen on this thread

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=304417 -this explains my delay in getting an oath

Today I had my oath ceremony in atlanta ga. Appt was @ 1pm and I got there @ 1250pm. Had to go through security which was rather long as there were numerous 1pm apts with friends and family. Note that if you are bringing a friend or some family, they must have some sort of ID to get in. Anyhow, after clearing through security at about 1:05pm, I fled the flight of stairs upstairs to room 245 which is more or less a holding room. I proceeded to sit down and wait. A nice IO came over to check the N-445.
Doc. They all seemed nice and chatty today.
At this point, N-445 is filled out for you if you hadn't already done so. On my n-445, I chose to declare my $70 red light traffic cam ticket. I decided to disclose because on my N-400, I disclosed all my tix (even to d point of disclosing a warning that almost got me in trouble apart from some other things-hence my late oath). I figured worse case scenario is that they have an issue and then I have to wait again for another oath date. I took with me the actual ticket and the proof of payment. She was ok with it and signed off on my N-445.
We then filed into the ceremony room where you surrender your green card and also get the 1st viewing of your nat certificate(I have never thought a piece of paper -not just any piece of paper I might add -could be so so sexy) Make sure to verify spelling etc on it. We were also given a number card to hold on to. After everyone was all seated family and friends were invited in to sit on any of the available seats. This is when the picture taking started. The MC came in @ 230pm. 120 people n 48 countries from almost every continent took the oath.
The oath took about 5mins. At 2:39pm I became an official citizen of the US. The MC then gave a 5min speech after which we watched the audio video presentation and a speech from our president. we filed out via the number card and I collected my certificate and I was out @ 310pm.

I am off to Hawaii and will be stopping by the Passport Agency on Friday Dec. 4th.

Its been real! :)

Last edited by a moderator: