It's official I am a U.S. Citizen :)

VivaLasVegas

Volunteer Moderator
That's right woohoo.. as of 3pm PST today.

We arrived at the Seattle CIS office around 1:45p a little earlier than scheduled. After we cleared security they asked us to check in at the counter where they took the N-445 and the green card. The lady at the counter asked me to verify my info one last time and off i was into the auditorium for the final oath ceremony :)

The ceremony was pretty straightforward. An immigration officer told people to apply for passports , update the SSN information and not to forget register to vote. there was a volunteer organization that handed out voter registration forms. Once that was done they showed us a few videos (voices of america) and the Seattle CIS district director presided over the oath ceremony. We first took the oath of allegiance and then the certificates were handed one by one. There were 73 people from 32 different countries who were naturalized today. We then took the pledge of alleigance and that conculuded the oath ceremony.

It was time to take photographs and we were done. The whole ceremony took about 90 mins to complete. It's an amazing feeling to become a United States Citizen.

I also want to say thanks to everyone on this forum who have helped me through my immigration journey :) For the ones that are still stuck in the immigration limbo hang in there and we are all here to help :)

That's right woohoo.. as of 3pm PST today.

We arrived at the Seattle CIS office around 1:45p a little earlier than scheduled. After we cleared security they asked us to check in at the counter where they took the N-445 and the green card. The lady at the counter asked me to verify my info one last time and off i was into the auditorium for the final oath ceremony :)

The ceremony was pretty straightforward. An immigration officer told people to apply for passports , update the SSN information and not to forget register to vote. there was a volunteer organization that handed out voter registration forms. Once that was done they showed us a few videos (voices of america) and the Seattle CIS district director presided over the oath ceremony. We first took the oath of allegiance and then the certificates were handed one by one. There were 73 people from 32 different countries who were naturalized today. We then took the pledge of alleigance and that conculuded the oath ceremony.

It was time to take photographs and we were done. The whole ceremony took about 90 mins to complete. It's an amazing feeling to become a United States Citizen.

I also want to say thanks to everyone on this forum who have helped me through my immigration journey :) For the ones that are still stuck in the immigration limbo hang in there and we are all here to help :)

Congratulations !! Glad to see that your long wait is finally over.

Hi! Sachin,
Congratulations!Since you just had your oath taking,is it okay to bring a camera and a family member or a friend during the oath taking ceremony?By the way , I did post my interview experience in the Boston timeline section last page.

PD: Apr.4,2007
FD:May 4,2007
ID:Nov.28,2007
OD:Dec.13,2007:)

Hi! Sachin,
Congratulations!Since you just had your oath taking,is it okay to bring a camera and a family member or a friend during the oath taking ceremony?By the way , I did post my interview experience in the Boston timeline section last page.

Hi Alyssa,
yes it's ok to bring cameras and friends at the oath. Seattle CIS let ppl use Video Cam Corders also. :)

Good luck on ur oath.

Hi,

I just called the USCIS and the IO told the my file is already approved and now they are "review". She said everyone need to go through this process. Is this normal?????, I never heard this before.
Is this mean I am already approved and wait for the oath letter?

My service center is TSC, IV date is 11/15, after IV I already received the congratulation letter.
I hope I won't need to wait for a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sachin

Congratulations! In spite of having got stuck in FBI name check, you finally got through it. The name check process is really a shame, a large number of law abiding new citizens get a negative impression of the FBI. Does no good to building trust and respect for the vital organizations of our nation.

Hi Sachin

Congratulations! In spite of having got stuck in FBI name check, you finally got through it. The name check process is really a shame, a large number of law abiding new citizens get a negative impression of the FBI. Does no good to building trust and respect for the vital organizations of our nation.

The name check process is a nightmare.. I can only hope no one get's stuck in that horrible mess. but apparently USCIS & FBI are doing something about it :)