It's all over. I will be truely a guest in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsatish

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have received my Green Card on Friday, 09/10/2004. So my GC journey is now complete. It's time to work look for a full time job and a home. I will continue visiting this forum as a guest and also to post the updates on immigrationportal.org . I wish good luck to all those who are waiting for long time. They should all recieve the approval within 2 months.
After my I485 was approved, i have recieved the rejections for mine and my wife's EAD applications (they said that they are rejecting these applications because my I485 is approved). So if you have a pending AP / EAD application and if your I485 is approved, you will be receiving these rejection letters.
I have really enjoyed my I485 approval for the past one month (made a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate it). It's time to get back to business and look towards next targets.
Since you people have already congratulated me on my approval day, please do not post any congratulation messages again in this thread. I appeal to every one to maintain this forum as clean (without fights) as it is now. This type of forums are very rare to find.
If any of you have posted a question and did not get any responses for a whole day, then you can send me a private message with the link to that thread and i will be glad to answer that.

Good luck Dsatish
Please update me when you made a change to your name( name issue)...

Thx
Kandy

kandy17 said:
Good luck Dsatish
Please update me when you made a change to your name( name issue)...

Thx
Kandy

Perhaps i will not go for name change. I might ask CIS to update/change my name in their records during citizenship.

participant04 said:
Can you please give your case history in brief? Date of 485 app/fp1/fp2/interview etc?
Receipt Date of I485 : 10/25/2002, FP1 : 01/08/2003, FP2 06/23/2004, AD 07/29/2004

no more an indian

Hi Satish

Congrats man! NON-INDIAN. Why in 2 months all long pending might get? Thank you for giving me some encouragement on my govt job offer etc... New employer has given me time till Oct 5th so still hands crossed.

Listen! there was an LUD today for my case, does it mean anything? like I mentioned earlier both my wife and me got FP notice dated SEP 1st, though I got it done only sep 7th, please check my threads

Last edited by a moderator:
dsatish,
Did your LUD or message change before you got the card? Did it ever change after stamping?

Where are the money we donated?

It seems the money are gone suddently. Can you explain how the money were being used?
Money were collected, and you were approved, how about us..?

bilibalaboob2 said:
It seems the money are gone suddently. Can you explain how the money were being used?
Money were collected, and you were approved, how about us..?

Money is not collected for my approval . It is for the benefit of all of us. The money is intact with immigrationportal.org. The board members have some differences in deciding what to do with the money and we have thoroughly discussed it, asked people's suggestions and finally decided to use the money to put some one on the part time basis for 6 months to work towards applying continuous pressure on INS. There was severe delay in appointing the person (and the resultant no news from me) becuase we needed a lot of Rajiv's time in finding a person and putting him on the job. Since Rajiv was hammered with depositions after depositions (and postponements), we suffered delays in executing our plan. Finally we have put a lawyer cum technical writer "Savita Krishnamurthy" to work for our organization. The money we have collected should be good enough to pay her for her part time work for the next 6 months. Right now she is working on the organizational issues (filing for non profit organization status etc).
Hey i am very embarrassed for the delays and i am pretty angry with my colleagues (hope they don't read this :cool: ) for rejecting my suggestion of returning the money to the contributors. Ofcourse nobody is singly responsible for the delays. It's the practical difficulties in etting every one's time at the same time. One reason we didn't really worry about these delays is due to the fact that people are generally happy about the pace of approvals.
In general, if any one wants an update please post it in the sticky thread at the top : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=132005
I will not be seeing all the other threads on a regular basis. I would have almost missed this thread also.
Sorry for the delays :(

khusboo_sharan said:
I hope people's money is not lost...thats the whole purpose...i think they should return it back

khusboo

Firstly it is inappropriate for you to talk on behalf of the donors. If you have made a donation and lost confidence in immigrationportal.org, then please send me a PM with your donation details and i will make sure that you will get your money back. Same thing applies to any one who has lost confidence in us.
Secondly i have created a separate thread to discuss the Fund issues. We have discussed about returning the money in that htread and not many people agreed for such a decision. Please post all future posts about the Fund in that thread.

that was just a bi-partisan advice...if you dont like it, throw it....i am not questioning the authenticity of your efforts...everybody knows about it...and appreciates it...what i wanted to convey is that if you think that it should be returned back and if you feel its going down the drain presently, just put pressure to return it...some people have donated 100 dollars and that i feel is a big amount

sorry for any misunderstanding

khusboo

I admire these people who dont contribute a penny or even if they did, and have joined the forum recently, but are there to make big ass remarks on how the money may be lost..

Dsatish has been working tirelessly on this forum. You joined couple of months back. If you find your advice to be "bi-partisan" , then why didnt you had the decency to send a private msg to him.

Even earlier you directed him to reply to bibibalaboob2.

It will be great to see this forum charging 1 $ per advice. Half of you wannabes wont be even here then....

Dsatish - enjoy your post GC life man...
khusboo_sharan said:
I hope people's money is not lost...thats the whole purpose...i think they should return it back

khusboo

Khusboo_sharan
I can feel your pain having being through that like most of us here. However, it would be truly unfortunate if people start asking for their money again because considerable time and effort has and is being spent by the core members and we would not like to subject them to another round of needless work, would we?
I know the value of money (having being a student before) but we can very well see the dedication of edison, dsatish, kashmir and the others who are still relentless in this work inspite of their own approvals.
As a co-member on this forum I feel that in asking back our money, we will be asking these people to roll back their efforts. I am optimistic that they will have some success in trying to reduce the backlogs.
Best Wishes to all.

Guys dont get charged up...i was just putting a view point...dont take things personally...SWaiting, i think dsatish understood my point, that why he did not react...i would admire profanity in postings...dont take it personally....nothing is directed towards any individual

khusboo

khusboo_sharan said:
Guys dont get charged up...i was just putting a view point...dont take things personally...SWaiting, i think dsatish understood my point, that why he did not react...i would admire profanity in postings...dont take it personally....nothing is directed towards any individual

khusboo

I didn't reply because i was busy at work. You need to understand the folowing things :
1) If you have not donated money, then you should never talk / ask about the fund.
2) When you are new to the forum, you need to observe things and try to learn the things from seniors rather than teaching them. It just does not make sense to enter the scene at the end of the whole issue and start asking questions. Though it is natural for many people to do this, it is better not to question actions about which you new very little. I would have loved it if some knowledgeable person asked this question to me.
3) When i gave the link to the sticky thread where we have discussed about "What to do with the fund collected", then you should have read all the postings there. Then you would have realized that the majority people did not favor returning the money. So your opinion does not count.
4) Though my personal opinion was to return the money, i have accepted the majority opinion becuase immigrationportal.org is run by a group of volunteers, not just by me. I have to go with what the board decides.
5) I know how valuable the money is (i myself had contributed $200 though i didn't have much savings at that time). But people who have donatd the money have never asked for getting the money back. Obviously they believe that we will use the money for immigration reforms or continuing the fight against the GC delays. We simply can't rest in peace because things are going good now. What if tomorrow INS goes to old form ? So we need to keep the immigrationportal.org alive rather than bury it.

All the above stuff is written to just bring facts and my opinions. I have no desire to argue with any one or scold any one. I have crossed that stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
SWaiting said:
Dsatish has been working tirelessly on this forum.

Dsatish - enjoy your post GC life man...

SWaiting,
Thanks for your support and wishes. I surely want no headaches at this post GC stage. I have had that for 5+ years. Good luck to you too.

"
:
:) Though my personal opinion was to return the money, i have accepted the majority opinion becuase immigrationportal.org is run by a group of volunteers, not just by me. I have to go with what the board decides.
5) I know how valuable the money is (i myself had contributed $200 though i didn't have much savings at that time). But people who have donatd the money have never asked for getting the money back. Obviously "

People didn't ask the money back because they were hoping something could be done, but obviously nothing were done. Then what's the point for you folks to keep the money for?
I, myself, did donate the money and i believe i have the right to ask.
Just give our money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.