It seems that VSC is moving fast

deep58

Registered Users (C)
My wife's application:

[1] PD: January 31, 2006

[2] FP: Received today, due 2/24/2006.

Deep58

What is your local district office.. Let me guess ..r u in ohio?

My timeline
DO : Norfolk
RD:Jan 19 '06

Last edited by a moderator:
deep58 said:
My wife's application:

[1] PD: January 31, 2006

[2] FP: Received today, due 2/24/2006.

Deep58

Maybe this wave of lawsuites convinced them that is time to change something ;)
Wishful thinking
:D

Anyone else with Jan PD's recieve thier FP notices from VSC ?..Please post here the DO & PD's ..

kash_k5 said:
Anyone else with Jan PD's recieve thier FP notices from VSC ?..Please post here the DO & PD's ..

No FP done yet. I live in Northern Virginia.

Receive Date: January 17th, 2006
Priority Date: January 17th, 2006
Receipt Notice Date: February 14th, 2006
FP: ????
ID: ???

Best,
Nico

Wow, didn't even know of this "deschedule" thing. One never knows what these guys are up to!?!

Superho said:
Officer probably decided to take a vacation...

A vacation from what?...from sleeping with the head on a pile of unsolved files :D

I was looking to your time line, you have an Oath invitation for a date three months away?!?
:confused:

Yes, they gave me a date making me wait 3 more months. I guess the damn judge is on vacation too... I have a very fine timeline. My wife & I have been separated for three and a half years, because as the spouse of a GC holder she cannot come to the US. I go once a year to visit her. However, our kid's going to be born in June, so I have a month or so to get a US passport and a visa to go back to visit. Fine pickle, huh? I don't even care about the formality of a ceremony that is now meaningless to me. Just wanted my wife with me as early as possible and now even that won't happen, considering that she can't travel with a newborn...it will take a while to upgrade her application too...

See how CIS works?

Superho said:
See how CIS works?[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it :D
I'm in an ongoing struggle with those s.o.b.'s from INS for over 15 years.
I hope one week from now to be in a position that if someone mention Immigration to me I can aswer: "immigration who?!?" :D
I want to forget forever those God damn initials: INS, USCIS, CIS
:eek:

Suzy977 said:
Superho said:
See how CIS works?[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it :D
I'm in an ongoing struggle with those s.o.b.'s from INS for over 15 years.
I hope one week from now to be in a position that if someone mention Immigration to me I can aswer: "immigration who?!?" :D
I want to forget forever those God damn initials: INS, USCIS, CIS
:eek:

You forgot "BCIS", which they were for a while...

Following up onthe original post that VSC is issuing FP notices early in the process, I wanted to know the opinion of old members as to why within the same DO itself the FP notices are not seen to be sent out at the same time for different people ?

Is it because that some cases are straightforward than others?

Is it because different cases are with different officers ?

I have also noticed that there has to cordination between VSC & the local DO which will take the FP's.. so basically tyhe local DO or the service center has to have the open slot or time for the FP appointment ..This cordination probably takes time & it seems that bigger DO's have more oficers & FP notices are sent out earlier for those big service centers/DO's ..

Does it go beyond that , do they do the initial processing ast VSC & detremine that some cases will take more than others & therby send out FP notices later ?

Is the FP notice related to the name check or any background check performed first & only then FP notices are sent out ?

Thanks

kash
You are right in ur observation. If you have noticed in this thread lot of the people have received and done with their FP.

I am from VSC and my fp center is glenmont, MD. I still have not received the FP letter and I know of another applicant from the same FP center who has not received.

Maybe it is the FP center which dictates the speed of FP processing.

kaynags,

Did u call the 800 number to inquire abt your FP notice.. Looking at your thread for Baltimore, for another member the customer service center informed that the request was sent to the local service center ..? Maybe by calling 800 number , we might get lucky & get some information...

kash_k5 said:
kaynags,

Did u call the 800 number to inquire abt your FP notice.. Looking at your thread for Baltimore, for another member the customer service center informed that the request was sent to the local service center ..? Maybe by calling 800 number , we might get lucky & get some information...

Hi friends!

About fingerprints: I called USCIS' 1.800 number on February 21st from overseas. Eventhough I had notified USCIS of my change of address, yet they sent the N-400 receipt notice to my old address. I called to make sure that they have my new address on file in order to avoid missing my FP appointment. Of course, their system still showed my old address...even though I had updated it via phone.

Well, the lady updated my information and said that other than the official receipt notice, nothing had been sent my way (my PD is January 17, 2006). She said that applicants were queued for FP automatically, once the N-400 data is entered and the receipt notice created. We will see. I should get my FP notice within the next two or so I guess.

My receipt notice contains the usual blablabla: we will call you for the interview date within 90 blablabla.

The notice did not ask for any additional evidence. With the N-400, I sent them copy of my Reentry Permit, IRS tax transcipts, statement why I was not required to file in 2001, proof of selective service registration etc. etc. etc.

Cheers,
Nico

Cherry Hill Timeline

My fingerprinting timeline...

N400 mailed: 01/18/2006
Receipt date: 01/23/2006
FP notice: 02/03/2006
Fingerprinted: 02/21/2006

as per N400 notice I can expect to receive an interview notice in 365 days :( [well, that's Cherry Hill, NJ for you]

Sam