It seems that VSC is moving fast

sam_c said:
My fingerprinting timeline...

N400 mailed: 01/18/2006
Receipt date: 01/23/2006
FP notice: 02/03/2006
Fingerprinted: 02/21/2006

as per N400 notice I can expect to receive an interview notice in 365 days :( [well, that's Cherry Hill, NJ for you]

Sam

Interesting. As I said, my N-400 receipt notice states "90 days until interview", yet no FP notice yet despite PD of 01/17/06.

Cheers,
Nico

LegalAlien99,

That's interesting to know that FP notices are generated automatically after the case is or receipt is entered online in the system..But I think there is some reason behind why some get FP earlier & other's get it after a while..

Kaynags/LegalAllien99

My online case status shows 'that case no cannot be found".. Do u get the same message while checking the case online?

kash_k5 said:
LegalAlien99,

That's interesting to know that FP notices are generated automatically after the case is or receipt is entered online in the system..But I think there is some reason behind why some get FP earlier & other's get it after a while..

Kaynags/LegalAllien99

My online case status shows 'that case no cannot be found".. Do u get the same message while checking the case online?

Hi kash_k5!

FP requests are automatically entered into the National Scheduler. I would not know why it takes longer for some. I think it is the same why the time to receive receipt notices also varies; even though receipt notices are generated automatically once the case is officially entered at the Service Center.

As far as case status is concerned: I think the online system is of no use. I had the receipt number from the day they cleared the check (January 23rd) but was not able to find it online until after I received the receipt notice on February 18th. Reading this forum, there are a couple of members who could never locate their case online.

My official receipt notice states that I should be interviewed within 90 days (I believe it, when I see it), while online it states "it takes between 360 and 390 days for us to process this kind of case".

I think it will remain unresolved forever why there is such a wide discrepancy when it comes to USCIS' processing of N-400s. Even application who are absolutely identical, no pending name checks, same PD might differ substantially from one another as far as processing time is concerned.

Cheers,
Nico

CTCitizen
Where did you do your FP??

Kash, I really do not know why your case does not show up on the online thingy. Seems like everyone in this thread have already done with their FP.

Hope I get mine soon.....

Thanks Kaynags, LegalAlien99

Kaynags,

Did u talk to the national customer service over the phone & did they tell u anything..I just want to know when & after how much time I should call them..

kash
I called them twice and both times I got people who would not tell me beyond the online case status. what FP center do you belong to?

I know for certain that glenmont(wheaton) applicants have not received their FP, so its not just me. However I do hate the delay....

You can call them anytime, there is no prescribed waiting time, neither calling them will slow down your file, so no hassles in calling.

kaynags said:
kash
I called them twice and both times I got people who would not tell me beyond the online case status. what FP center do you belong to?

I know for certain that glenmont(wheaton) applicants have not received their FP, so its not just me. However I do hate the delay....

You can call them anytime, there is no prescribed waiting time, neither calling them will slow down your file, so no hassles in calling.

If you call the 1.800 number, they can tell you exactly what is going on. If you use the automated system and select the feature for "a case filed but you believe there is a problem" they can help you.

I called them about 20 minutes ago because I wanted to make sure they had the correct address on file so that I do not miss any mail. I moved shortly after I had filed my N-400, changed the address but the receipt notice was sent to my old address.

When I called this morning, they had my new address on file. I asked the lady if VSC had sent anything else. She said that according to what she could see, my fingerprinting notice should be sent today or tomorrow to my new address. She said she could see my case as queued in the National Scheduler, but she did not want to give me the date before the official notice ;-).

I guess it all depends on the person you talk to...some 1.800 folks are more helpful than others... .

Cheers!

I just called the National service center .. They could not give me any update ..Infact she mentioned that for some cases including mine status information will never be available online.. Is that normal?

So I just have to be patient & be cluless as to what is going on with my case ..

My timeline
DO: Norfolk, VA
RD:Jan 19 , 2006

Legal
If you call the 1.800 number, they can tell you exactly what is going on. If you use the automated system and select the feature for "a case filed but you believe there is a problem" they can help you.

I could not find the feature which you mentioned. I went through all the options....

Can you guide.....

Thanks

OK, I finally got to talk to one of the guys at the 800 number.

I asked him about my FP notice.....

He said" Your D.O is baltimore, the case officer who handles your case will decide when it is appropriate for you to get finger printed and will send the notice accordingly"

I wonder if the case has already gone to Baltimore???

kaynags said:
OK, I finally got to talk to one of the guys at the 800 number.

I asked him about my FP notice.....

He said" Your D.O is baltimore, the case officer who handles your case will decide when it is appropriate for you to get finger printed and will send the notice accordingly"

I wonder if the case has already gone to Baltimore???

Hi there!

Unless they changed their procedures within the last two weeks, FP notices are sent from the Service Center, not the district office.

I have not received my FP appointment letter yet, by the way (PD January 17th, 2006...receipt notice date 02/14/06...got it in the mail on 02/18/06).

Cheers!

kaynags said:
Legal
I got my FP letter today(both, my wife and me) for March 22nd 2.00 pm at Glenmont.

Hi Kaynags!

I got mine today as well. for March 15th at the Alexandria ASC. If things go well, I might be done with everything at some point in late May or very early June...keep your fingers crossed. Let me know how your process moves along from here on out.

Best,
Nico

I got my FP too... So basically it is all automated & at least FP notices are sent out in bulk..

kash_k5 said:
I got my FP too... So basically it is all automated & at least FP notices are sent out in bulk..
I too got the FP letter for my wife for Mar 22nd at Glenmont

N-400 Boston Timeline and Fingerprinting experience

Here is my timeline:

PD: 02/23/06
FP Notice: 03/09/06
FP Appt: 03/24/06

FP at Support center on 170 Portland Street
I was expecting an uncertain wait of hours, but FP was a breeze.
I arrived 15 min prior to appointment time and got out in 50 minutes. My wife's appointment was an hour later but she was able to get in the line with me.
People were courteous and efficient. Digital capture of the fingerprints take significant time and effort, by that I mean, don't expect CSI or any forensic drama grade fancy gedank equipment. Each station has an attendant who does a lot of hand-holding (literally) through the process.
This was a Friday noon appointment.