It looks like September Cases have been started

485still

Registered Users (C)
Just now I spoke to a male IIO at VSC. He said they have started September cases. I asked him what EAC # currently in process. He said no knowledge of that. But he was sure that they started September cases. I was asked to call back after 60 days. My details are
EAC-99-258-#####. ND 09/04/1999 RD 8/13/1999, India EB2, RIR. Let us wait and see.

Thanks

No Title

Are you sure about this? All others who talked to IIO are told that INS is working on August 99 cases.
Please can you confirm what you said and elaborate your talk with the IIO.

My details:
PD 5/96 EB2 NON-RIR INDIA / NJ
RD 9/3/99 ND 9/23/99 FP 8/11/00
EAC 99-273-5-XXXX

thanks

No Title

Yes I am. I asked him 3 times the same question and I also referred some websites and told him that according to these sites you are in August. He said the sites are not from INS and they are not responsible for that.

Thanks

No Title

Impossible. There are tons and tons of I485-india applications pending still, in fact a lot of them from the 1st week of august itself.

I think he might have meant the china categories.

--Mango

No Title

Hello!
Our 485 (ND Sept 99) was approved on Oct 12. I posted full details yesterday evening. So they are processing Sept 99 cases. Ours was EB1-OR India.
  Sonali

No Title

What ever he said should refer to my case. My case is not from China. Anyway his answer made me happy atleast. I am sorry if you are not happy about this.

Good luck

No Title

I would believe the IIO basd on the approvals we have seen since last week. Based on the approvals in October 2000, as listed in i485.homepage.com, there are 9 approvals, 4 of which have notice dates in September 1999. 3 of these 4 ND9-99 approvals are EB2 and one is EB1. The EB1 is from India while 2 of the 3 EB2\'s are from China and the third is from a West African nation. I do not know if they have finished processing all August cases, but if 45% of the approvals are from September 99, then they definitely seem to have started September 99 cases. That\'s my tuppence worth!

No Title

IIO said they are doing Aug cases....

I called IIO yesterday(10/18/00) and he said they are processing aug cases. He said it would take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks to get to my case. And I don\'t they are finished with even july cases since some of my friends have RD of july 99 and still waiting, beging in EB2 cat. I told IIO that i saw some approvals comming thru with ND sep 99. He said it depends on person adjudicating the case. Cases are allocated in lots to an officer and the approvals we saw must be the lot with latest EAC#\'s.

No Title

Oh sorry forgot to post my details...

RD 23rd Aug 99,
ND 14th Sep 99,
FP 02nd Aug 00,
Originally EB3(Redone my labour and I140 under EB2)
PD 14th Oct 1997
still waiting.....

No Title

Hi gmathias
    How did you confirm whether your case is switched to EB2 category after sending the request letter to substitute the I140.
Did you get any formal reply from VSC?

THanks,
Sesha

No Title

My second I140 approval notice says, its approved under EB2 and I spoke to IIO couple of times they said they have my EB2 approval reciepts. Based on that i think i am under EB2. VSC doesn\'t send any notices for this kind of amendment. I am little nervous now since i see some scary denial notices/RFE for the people switched cats.

No Title

WHi,

When did u apply for I-140?(EB2). Was there any RFE? When did u hear the message syaing "approved"?

Thanks for sharing inoformation.

No Title

Even I have done the same. Here are my details

RD 08th Sept 99
ND 23rd Sept 99
FP June 15th 99
Orginally EB3(Redone my labour and I 140 under EB2 and sent amendment to replace my EB3 I -140)
Spoke to IIO 3 weeks ago and asked about my ammendment and she said, she can\'t give that info to me and only attoryney can call and find out.

I am wondering how to get confirmation whether they r processing my case under eb2 or eb3.

No Title

Hello All,

Here, I have few questions regarding the procedure after I-485 is filed.

We completed our I-485 applications and sent to the lawyer.
Lawyer says that it was filed on Aug 11 2000.
Recd the EAD (cards from INS) on 6th Oct and Approval notices from the lawyer on 12 or 13th Oct.

Now what is the next step?
1)Is it fingerprinting? DO they send any date for the FP?
2)And after FP how long does it take to get the I-485 approved?
3)At what stage is the interview held?

Answers preferably from people who have gone thru this process would be greatly appreciated.
Others too are welcome to throw some light on this.

Thanks,
illusion