Issues entering the UK

Mandrews1985

Hi guys, i have been looking around quite alot for information so i decided maybe some of you will know from experience or atleast know where i can find this kind of information.

I have a good friend who lives in the US, and is a US citizen. She intends to visit me in the UK for the summer.

We have read in a few sites saying that aslong as she is here for less than 6 months, she does not need any visa? but then alot of people are talking about visitor visas?

Furthermore i've read that she will need a certain amount of money to prove she can look after herself here. But on every single website i have looked at, it says nothing about having a certain amount of money.

She has booked a ticked already, and also the return flight too. which is 5 and half months later, so within the 6 month period, but the more we read, the more confusing its beginning to get.

So yeah a quick summary:

does she need a visa in advance? or as a visitor can she get this for free on arrival in the UK?

does she need a set amount of money to live on?

how can we ensure she will be granted entry to the UK?

Thanks alot in advance.
Mark

Too generic a statement. It may hold true for 90% of US citizens visiting the UK but not for each and everyone. A US citizen may be refused entry into the UK. Depending on how the OP's GF is questioned and how she answers, more evidence may be asked for. Credit card, traveler's cheques, etc may be asked for. Worst case, if the officer is not satisfied, entry may be refused. Very small probability of it happening, but it may happen.

US Citizen don't need visa to visit UK; she will get entry during immigration. Return ticket will be enough. Cheers.