Issue with Passport in 1st interview..please help!

moicas79

Registered Users (C)
I am married to a US citizen, we've been married for a year now..we applied for a green card and everything was going well...my petition was approved..i got my fingerprints and done in march 2007...i received my EAD on June 2007 and had an interview on August 3 2007 in charlotte, nc..everything was going well..although IO was being a little rude..he said he didnt have a problem with our marriage..that he thought it was legit....but.. he said he had a problem with my Non-Immigrant visa stamped on my old mexican passport..which is what i used to get admitted into the US..see..my picture and info..on the old passport became loose..and he began to question it..and he said the last 4 passport numbers didnt match with the passport booklet, and he couldnt approve me at that moment and that i had to come back for a second interview. I Went back the following Monday without an appointment...with proof from the Mexican Embassy in Raleigh, NC stating that it was in fact my passport and those old passports only the last 2 numbers matched instead of the last 4..and the last 2 numbers do in fact match. The IO officer accepted my new evidence and was a little nicer this time. I Just received my second interview letter set for SEP 20th...it states "to re-interview and complete processing of your adjustment app." "Bring any documentation to reflect you were in the US in January 2001"

What should i expect? has anyone else had this happened to them before? Should i hire a Lawyer? Very Nervous!! Please HELP!

Just do what the letter states. Bring any evidence you have of being in the US in January 2001. I personally do not think you need a lawyer, but it is your call.

thanks

Just do what the letter states. Bring any evidence you have of being in the US in January 2001. I personally do not think you need a lawyer, but it is your call.

Thanks for your advice..everybody's telling me not to worry ..just bring what they asked for and everything should be fine..but I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question.