Is WES certificate (Canadian Equivalence) accepted as Credentials evaluation when crossing the border from Canada to US for TN Stamping ?

VisaQuery

Hi Everyone,

I will be crossing the border in about a week from Canada into the US for TN stamping purposes.

I did Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology from India. When I became PR, I got a Credential Evaluation and Authentication Report from WES. WES report states the following:

- Bachelor Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Bachelor Degree (4 years)
- Master Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Master Degree

My questions is:

1. Since I will be applying for TN Visa to enter into US, shouldn't the WES report says US Equivalence instead of Canadian Equivalence ?
2. is Canadian Equivalence WES Report accepted at US border while going into US ? If not, then from where can I get US Equivalence report, and how long will it take to acquire US Equivalence report ?

Yes you would need to get US Equivalence. Call wes , i think it should be faster as they already have your information

I called WES, they said that they can refer to the documents submitted in the past, but it will still take the 5 days to transfer the document from Canada account to US evaluation account + more time (could be few weeks to months).

I really don't have that time with me. Is there any way to get it done faster from another reliable credential evaluation company ? I really do not have more than 6 business days to cross the border.

Delay you border visit.WES is acceptable by US border agents.There are evaluations you can get one in a day.But that may not work.I had issues with with other evaluations. WES or University of Toronto works for sure.U can ask WES to send by expedite courier

I called WES, they said that they can refer to the documents submitted in the past, but it will still take the 5 days to transfer the document from Canada account to US evaluation account + more time (could be few weeks to months).

I really don't have that time with me. Is there any way to get it done faster from another reliable credential evaluation company ? I really do not have more than 6 business days to cross the border.

Try University of Toronto if possible.. read some posts in this forum, some of the border agents specifically asked for University of Toronto evaluation as its widely recognized ..

Did the Canadian Equivalence WES Report work for you ? I mean did they accept it in the TN visa interview or do we need to get it re-evaluated for US equivalence ?

I have the same question, did you go along with Canadian evaluation or had a new US equivalency done?
I checked on WES US site's equivalency tool and mine shows same as it does for Canadian (4 years Bachelors) and its printable. I am wondering if I can take my Canadian evaluation along with the printout of US equivalency tool results.

You all are making this toooooooo complicated, as Nelsona said...just use current evaluation

as along as you did same years of college in india as in US you are fine
B.Tech of 4yrs is bachelors in US.
M.Tech of 3 yrs is Masters in US.

most of the TN requires minimum Bachelors.
with your current edu qualifications you should be fine.

Hi Everyone,

I will be crossing the border in about a week from Canada into the US for TN stamping purposes.

I did Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology from India. When I became PR, I got a Credential Evaluation and Authentication Report from WES. WES report states the following:

- Bachelor Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Bachelor Degree (4 years)
- Master Degree - Canadian Equivalence : Master Degree

My questions is:

1. Since I will be applying for TN Visa to enter into US, shouldn't the WES report says US Equivalence instead of Canadian Equivalence ?
2. is Canadian Equivalence WES Report accepted at US border while going into US ? If not, then from where can I get US Equivalence report, and how long will it take to acquire US Equivalence report ?

I saw them WES credential on Calgary airport for TN visa and its completely fine.

Did the Canadian Equivalence WES Report work for you ? I mean did they accept it in the TN visa interview or do we need to get it re-evaluated for US equivalence ?

I have the same question, did you go along with Canadian evaluation or had a new US equivalency done?
I checked on WES US site's equivalency tool and mine shows same as it does for Canadian (4 years Bachelors) and its printable. I am wondering if I can take my Canadian evaluation along with the printout of US equivalency tool results.

You all are making this toooooooo complicated, as Nelsona said...just use current evaluation

as along as you did same years of college in india as in US you are fine
B.Tech of 4yrs is bachelors in US.
M.Tech of 3 yrs is Masters in US.

most of the TN requires minimum Bachelors.
with your current edu qualifications you should be fine.

Following up as well...does the Canadian Equivalency work for TN? Also, can I present the one that says "intended for IRCC immigration application". That line is really annoying because the equivalency shouldn't change anyways.

Following up as well...does the Canadian Equivalency work for TN? Also, can I present the one that says "intended for IRCC immigration application". That line is really annoying because the equivalency shouldn't change anyways.
Did this work for you? Using Canada Wes for TN?

I mean a Wes Report which states Equivalency with Canada degree that I used for immigration to Canada. Can I reuse that for TN?