Is Visa Needed for UK Transit with GC & RP?

WoosterLad

Registered Users (C)
I am traveling from the US to Europe on a valid Schengen visa and have to transit via the UK. I am an Indian national and Permanent Resident traveling on a Rentry Permit. I am pretty sure I am exempt from having to obtain a UK Transit Visa. Can anyone confirm that they have done this recently?

Thank you.

WoosterLad

No one answered but the answer is no, you do not need a transit visa if you are flying through the UK enroute to another destination, if you are in possession of a GC. In fact, transiting from Heathrow's Terminal 3 to 5, no one even asked me for my RP, only my boarding pass.

No one answered but the answer is no, you do not need a transit visa if you are flying through the UK enroute to another destination, if you are in possession of a GC. In fact, transiting from Heathrow's Terminal 3 to 5, no one even asked me for my RP, only my boarding pass.

You could have seen that answer on the UK embassy's website. It says in clear english that if you have a GC, you dont need a transit visa.

That's why he said he's pretty sure he's exempt from the requirement, but JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE. Nothing wrong with that. The official stance and actual events do not always correlate.

You could have seen that answer on the UK embassy's website. It says in clear english that if you have a GC, you dont need a transit visa.