• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is usadiverxxx com a scam website?

Hi All,
I just paid $59 for this service only to find out it is NOT the official US federal government website. I have 2 questions.

1. Can someone tell if my information is safe with this website?

2. Should I reapply through the official website (since if an application is filled twice you are disqualified)?

Thanks so much,

Jose

Jose, did usadiversitylottery dot com actually applied for you or not?

Got it. Can you direct me to the reply? It’s hard to find out how to contact this site to find out if they actually apply or not

Thanks for that. Can you answer what’s below? I’m trying to find someone to actually indicate if they won after applying to that site then applying again a second time the proper way through the .gov site.

are we just chasing hypotheticals here or are you in the situation of having applied twice?
If this relates to a winning 2020 entry and you have been selected there is a chance that it may be brought up in your interview if you made duplicate entries - this would lead to being denied the visa
If you are asking for a future DV Lottery, the only safe way to apply and not be scammed or risk duplicate entries is to apply yourself through the official website

Thanks for that. Can you answer what’s below? I’m trying to find someone to actually indicate if they won after applying to that site then applying again a second time the proper way through the .gov site.
So you’re looking for a tiny subset of a tiny subset... and assuming that they are still hanging around on a forum. Proverbial needle in a haystack, that.

What I do know is that people have won through these websites, so it is best to assume that they have actually submitted, and to instruct them not to submit any further entries if that’s your worry.

Not a hypothetical, sadly. My boyfriend accidentally jumped the gun and applied on usadiversitylottery.com. This could impact our whole future.

Not a hypothetical, sadly. My boyfriend accidentally jumped the gun and applied on usadiversitylottery.com. This could impact our whole future.
If you are able to have his application removed from the scam site you might be ok - DV2021 isnt open until October 2nd (2 days away) so the unofficial site has no way of actually submitting your application at this stage
If not then I suggest you apply yourself through the official site this year

If you are able to have his application removed from the scam site you might be ok - DV2021 isnt open until October 2nd (2 days away) so the unofficial site has no way of actually submitting your application at this stage
If not then I suggest you apply yourself through the official site this year
Yeah for sure. Trick is there is no contact info other than a contact us fill in the blank section that doesn’t seem very responsive/active. It feels like a bit of a gamble as to how to progress.

Yeah for sure. Trick is there is no contact info other than a contact us fill in the blank section that doesn’t seem very responsive/active. It feels like a bit of a gamble as to how to progress.

Did he send both your details in?

Also ... yeah it “could” impact your future, but it’s still a lottery. The most likely outcome by far is not getting selected, anyway.

Did he send both your details in?

Also ... yeah it “could” impact your future, but it’s still a lottery. The most likely outcome by far is not getting selected, anyway.
Just his details. That’s true. But this was our only hope of being together in the same place. It’s a gamble as to take the chance and apply on the .gov site or trust the site that isn’t legit and won’t reply. I just wish someone with experience with that site were to see this, but you’re right. It’s a needle in a haystack. Thanks for caring