Is this domestic voilence?

Dear any body solve my confusion as i applied for naturalization but I lost my passport last year and I got new 1 year passport from consulate and I submited my original police report to consulate along with forms........I have only new passport have no record of my travel....did IO realy need??? what will be happen if I have no old passports????

I also think he would be fine answering No. So for everyone's sake, answer No
to speed up USCIS process

Speed up what process? It's a non issue to be detained and not arrested or cited. Seems to be some paranoia on this thread that disclosing a detention without an arrest or citation will cause confusion with IO and delay process further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear any body solve my confusion as i applied for naturalization but I lost my passport last year and I got new 1 year passport from consulate and I submited my original police report to consulate along with forms........I have only new passport have no record of my travel....did IO realy need??? what will be happen if I have no old passports????

Nothing will happen. A foreign passport is not a requirement for naturalization.

Speed up what process? It's a non issue to be detained and not arrested or cited. Seems to be some paranoia on this thread that disclosing a detention without an arrest or citation will cause confusion with IO and delay process further.

What is the reason he should say YES, if person is not detained (no paperwork), not arrested or cited. He can safely say NO after double check with local police station. Am I missing something here?

It is also paranoid that nondisaclose of such issne will later de-naturalize you
if USCIS later find out. Disclose such issue only give teh applicant a fake feeling how honest he is but it is actually hypocrite because everyone know such an issue does not matter.

If everyone disclose such an issue, each applicant will defnitely cost USCIS
a couple of more minutes on each case and that means a lot if accumulated

What is the reason he should say YES, if person is not detained (no paperwork), not arrested or cited. He can safely say NO after double check with local police station. Am I missing something here?

Again, one can be detained with or without an arrest. A detention without an arrest will most likely not involve any paperwork . Whether to disclose such a (non recorded) detention is up to the applicant. In the end it really doesn't matter either way if you disclose a non recorded detention or not as it's a non issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6uw7506xMw&feature=related

It is also paranoid that nondisaclose of such issne will later de-naturalize you
if USCIS later find out.
That argument was never made here.
Disclose such issue only give teh applicant a fake feeling how honest he is but it is actually hypocrite because everyone know such an issue does not matter.
You lost me on that one. Disclosure of a non recorded detention
is being hypocritical:confused::confused:
If everyone disclose such an issue, each applicant will definitely cost USCIS
a couple of more minutes on each case and that means a lot if accumulated
Sure, and next USCIS will request another fee increase because of this, right? Be realistic.

If the applicant doesn't disclose the incident but USCIS knows about it via the FBI name check or some other source, it could cause a delay or denial.

If the applicant doesn't disclose the incident but USCIS knows about it via the FBI name check or some other source, it could cause a delay or denial.

If that happened, I would not think citizenship of this country is worth
seeking. Pack up and leave in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Help TRO Dismissed.

hi all

I was married last year..my wife came on a company L1 visa to this country..
she lost a job Dec 31 2008..and on dec 27 we had a argument ( me moving with her to india)..she got so angry she hit me with the laptop and when she did i pushed her she fell of the bed. she ran outside the house called 911..cops came and found that she hit me ...and asked her to leave the house ..since she dint have any one i called my friend and left the house....and i stayed with him for next 3 days..she went and filed for TRO and ran a way to india...The case was dismissed in 2 weeks.

Just want to know if this will affect my citizenship..what do i have to mention in my application

1)Have u commited a crime for which u have not been arrested
2) have u ever been charged with commiting any crime or offence?

If that happened, I would not think citizenship of this country is worth
seeking. Pack up and leave in that case.

It i easy to say that once interview is completed and ready for oath. But for those going through the process, it is a cary thing.

Think about it from the IO's perspective. He probably does anywhere from 20-100 cases a month(guessing). He/she has all of 15-30 min to interview you and find out if you are telling the truth. he doesn't know you from Adam and only has a record in front of him. If what is in it doesn't match what you are saying-that will raise alarm bells.

I am not ure about law enforcement in your area, but if you go to the local police station and ask them what their process is-do they have any records or do they maintain it -what is the process-or better still a good local criminal attorney-they know the process even better. I think they file a report-but not ure if they do so without any citation involved-that probably varies. It is like a cop who pulls you over for speeding and lets you go with a verbal warning- do they write a report??

It is best you find out.

You may want to talk to a lawyer on this since I don't know what to say. Some are saying no and some yes.