Is this a joke?

Minsk

Registered Users (C)
The processing time for RP and RTD hasn't changed since May, 15 at all. Still July, 30 2007, while the processing time for advance parole is March, 17 2008. What caused this huge backlog? I applied for mine in February and it looks like I won't be able to travel even this coming winter! That's just ridiculous!

Minsk, I applied for my RTD in March 2007 and received it in February 2008, 11 months after applying for it. We're dealing with a highly-incompetent, toothless, brainless US government agency, much like this current administration itself. I feel for you man.

mISNK. you applied recently in FEB 2008?
I applied in early july of 2007 and not RTD till now. BTW i don want it for more months cos my travel plan got cancelled last year.

mISNK. you applied recently in FEB 2008?
I applied in early july of 2007 and not RTD till now. BTW i don want it for more months cos my travel plan got cancelled last year.

jonny1,

I applied in February of this year. It has been only 4 months, but my point is that I won't be able to go overseas for Christmas and New Years as I've planned even though there are still 5 months ahead. It just won't happen. I remember times when I used to receive RTD within 3-4 months after submission of I-131. Nowadays it's very painful!

jonny1,

I applied in February of this year. It has been only 4 months, but my point is that I won't be able to go overseas for Christmas and New Years as I've planned even though there are still 5 months ahead. It just won't happen. I remember times when I used to receive RTD within 3-4 months after submission of I-131. Nowadays it's very painful!

I would start writing them letters asking them to process it. If you have something special planned, start sending a request to expedite in September.

dont trust the dates on the website they are not accurate...if you call customer service and ask them for the actual processing dates they will tell you a different date than the one shown on the website...i applied for a travel document on august 27 2007 and i recieved my travel document yesterday without any expedite request..it took them 10 month to process it...

I think you should try to contact them and let them know when you need to travel so that they could expedite it.

I've justified EXPEDITES by saying that I needed to travel for university. I didn't provide any evidence. Just a letter.

It is ridiculous, though. I'm on the verge of abandoning my GC and getting a Spanish passport or something... hehe. Just kidding.