• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is there still a chance to win the 2008 DV?

Upgraded

Registered Users (C)
I entered the Green Card Lotto for the first time Last year and so far have not heard back ( Im in Australia ).
I Belive in the LOA ' Law of Attraction ' after watching " The Secret " and I was really hoping there might still be a chance.

Letters are still being sent out right? For another 2 months?:(

I entered the Green Card Lotto for the first time Last year and so far have not heard back ( Im in Australia ).
I Belive in the LOA ' Law of Attraction ' after watching " The Secret " and I was really hoping there might still be a chance.

Hey,

Don't worry, wait till the end of July (as stated by State Dept.). Although it's obvious that the sooner you get the NL, the better but still there is a chance.

"We shall prevail" :D

igores07, can you explain to me why the sooner you get NL the better? Isn't it the case number that determines your chances of getting an interview? my sister just got a NL from EU with high# 000210xx. So although she got the letter early, with this high number, even if she returns the forms back to KCC ASAP, how will this help her? I just don't understand. Thanks

So although she got the letter early, with this high number, even if she returns the forms back to KCC ASAP, how will this help her?
that's a very high number. Do read the info on this forum, it'll help you.

igores07, can you explain to me why the sooner you get NL the better? Isn't it the case number that determines your chances of getting an interview? my sister just got a NL from EU with high# 000210xx. So although she got the letter early, with this high number, even if she returns the forms back to KCC ASAP, how will this help her? I just don't understand. Thanks

Yes, you are absolutely right. The case number is important, what I meant was that the sooner you get the NL the sooner you know your case number and then you know that what are your chances.

By the way I have a question, does anybody know whether it is possible that for example 2 individuals both from Asia get the NL, one of them gets it on May 10th, the other one gets the NL on June 5th (almost a month later) and the one who got it later (June 5th) has a lower case number then the one who got it earlier?

To GC Europe: NL stands for Notification Letter, for more info please check my signature.

Hi,its funny i am Ana from Portugal and i have seen the Secret movie too :) Just keep visualizing it. I am waitting for the letter to come too :) we have until july

Yes - I am the "example": 2007EU00155xx recieved on 03/2007

I got this! March (2007) NL with number 2007EU0015xxx while other people here indicate they get 2008xxxxxxxxx numbers so June 2007 for DV2008 might be not limit month as well. :rolleyes: Keep in mind: THIS IS LOTTO ;) You might have chance to win not only 2008 but even 2007! NL number also funny stuff – early NL might place someone in late spring because of large number (you know – you have to wait when Visa Bulletin show visa number available). So, good luck :)

And thanks a lot to alls who share their experience – I personally feel my self more positive ;) now.

Last edited by a moderator: