• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

is there any age limit?

pawanlamichhane

Registered Users (C)
Will age difference may cause any problem in edv interview?i am 5 months younger than my wife.I will reach 19 by august.n my wife rached 19 by march.Is there any age limits?

There is no minimum age limit - however, the education requirements mean it is unlikely to qualify at below 18 years old.

what about our case

Britsimon already answered, there is no age limit. Why should they care about a few months age difference between you and your wife? The more important things are that your wife has the education qualifications and that you can show them you can support yourselves without being a public charge when you get there.

Britsimon already answered, there is no age limit. Why should they care about a few months age difference between you and your wife? The more important things are that your wife has the education qualifications and that you can show them you can support yourselves without being a public charge when you get there.

+1

Pawanlamichhane - your questions are typical of an 18 year old, but you really need to become more self sufficient, fast. Moving to a new country is not easy and there won't be someone to hold your hand. You are going to have to support yourselves financially, emotionally and practically. Time for a mindset change.

+1

Pawanlamichhane - your questions are typical of an 18 year old, but you really need to become more self sufficient, fast. Moving to a new country is not easy and there won't be someone to hold your hand. You are going to have to support yourselves financially, emotionally and practically. Time for a mindset change.

please assist me how can i continue my education there?and how will i get my job there?explain and share ur experiences.

please assist me how can i continue my education there?and how will i get my job there?explain and share ur experiences.

You have to understand that getting a job to support yourself and your wife will not be that easy. The USA has been through very tough economic times with many people unemployed. You can continue education but it is very expensive to do that. Do you have enough money to support you and your wife for a long time? It is really up to you to have a plan on how you will start your life there - and realistically it starts with an attitude of self reliance which you have yet to display in your interactions in the forum. I am worried for you Pawanlamichhane - there is a lot more to moving to the USA than getting a visa...

You have to understand that getting a job to support yourself and your wife will not be that easy. The USA has been through very tough economic times with many people unemployed. You can continue education but it is very expensive to do that. Do you have enough money to support you and your wife for a long time? It is really up to you to have a plan on how you will start your life there - and realistically it starts with an attitude of self reliance which you have yet to display in your interactions in the forum. I am worried for you Pawanlamichhane - there is a lot more to moving to the USA than getting a visa...

+1...

+1

I honestly do not think you and your wife are prepared nor can handle living in the US at this point in time, Pawanlamichane! As a matter of matter, like I responded earlier on to one of your previous posts, I doubt the possibility of a successful interview. The fact that your wife, the selectee has a high school diploma is not enough. No CO will issue you with a visa if you can't prove you will not become a public charge, and going by what you've posted so far, it doesn't look like you have any form of personal support system in the US.

I hate to be a dream killer, but maybe if you spend sometime going through the following article, you may have a better understanding of the challenges you and your wife are likely to face in the US (in the event of a successful interview):

"Winning the U.S. Visa Lottery, Losing Faith in the American Dream"

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/the-other-side-of-diversity-visas-lucky-immigrants-adrift-and-alone.php

A direct quote from the article:
Lottery winners are unique in their lack of a support system. Unlike immigrants who are “sponsored” by families or employers based in the U.S., those with diversity lottery visas often don’t have a family or job waiting for them. Nor do they have avenues for help or information— the State Department does not offer orientation sessions or programs to integrate them into mainstream American society.

I believe this article truly is a 'must read' for a lot of DV winners.

+1

I honestly do not think you and your wife are prepared nor can handle living in the US at this point in time, Pawanlamichane! As a matter of matter, like I responded earlier on to one of your previous posts, I doubt the possibility of a successful interview. The fact that your wife, the selectee has a high school diploma is not enough. No CO will issue you with a visa if you can't prove you will not become a public charge, and going by what you've posted so far, it doesn't look like you have any form of personal support system in the US.

I hate to be a dream killer, but maybe if you spend sometime going through the following article, you may have a better understanding of the challenges you and your wife are likely to face in the US (in the event of a successful interview):

"Winning the U.S. Visa Lottery, Losing Faith in the American Dream"

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/the-other-side-of-diversity-visas-lucky-immigrants-adrift-and-alone.php

A direct quote from the article:

I believe this article truly is a 'must read' for a lot of DV winners.

Wise words indeed. That article should be required reading for DV winners - I really hadn't thought about how hard life would be for a DV winner since my situation is very different. I have commuted to the USA for work reasons literally hundreds of times and will be moving to the US with an H1-B visa shortly - and my brother is already there - so I have work to go to, assets to live off and buy a home plus I have family & friends already there. I know exactly what I am getting into, but still even for me it is one hell of a gamble to turn my back on a very privileged and successful life in the UK to move to the USA. Even then I plan to still keep a couple of houses in Europe "just in case" things go wrong and we have to return. Given that I have a wife and 5 year old, I honestly don't think I would do the same thing without some of the advantages I have...

Don't let your dream become a nightmare. Have your eyes open and have a plan (and have a backup plan too).

Last edited by a moderator: