Is there an end?

Call 1800 no in USCIS and initiate an inquiry on your case. That will make your file noticed

I am not at all going to argue with you about the advantages of getting GC. All I was saying that it shouldnt make such a difference - from my point of view. Folks shouldnt loose sleep over it and should not be desparate. I was kind of ok after I got to AOS. But I will tell u one thing that I am always a bit fearful about the Parol thing. I also have aging parents. So I apply ahead of time so that there is an overlap every year even when I am not travelling (Sorry to see a post where someone faced that predicament). I have also taken calculated risks on the job side with the possibility of facing issues. If my GC gets denied, I will file again with PD from my 140. You take risks in your life, it is a question of what you want to do with your personal situation.

I dont consider myself a wise guy, but we shouldnt let this affect our life more than it should.

One more thing, you should follow it up, dont know whether it makes a difference but you should

Last edited by a moderator:
No denying we are looking for closure. But I think that after you have done your service inquiry, congressman inquiry and you have been told to wait, there is nothing you can do beyond that. In such a scenario, it is tough to wait. However, I think it is unfair to blame god or expect god to fulfill your wish. The purpose of prayer is to offer your unconditional love to Krishna. You got to have faith that he knows what position you are in and that you do not need to communicate your needs to him. So, keep the faith and stop thinking about this issue again and again. Stay off this forum for a bit. Do whatever it takes to tune your mind in to a "happy" radio station. If you tune in to painful thoughts, your wait is not going to go away. It will only make this more difficult for you and those around you - who by the way get affected by your negativity and pain. So be happy, be positive and pray to god without any expectations. Laugh, be happy, keep the faith in god and check in occassionally on your e-mail - definitely not every hour!

sbabunle

Please dont think every time reg, your GC you will get it one day, why worried so much abt life with GC and after GC , YES do stay away from this forum for few weeks.
Go take some vacation and enjoy with your family.