• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

is there a way to learn which marital status entered during edv application?

brucella

I've sent my forms to KCC and interview has already been scheduled for myself and spouse. I keep thinking of what I entered to marital status during my initial edv application. I have no clue, I don't remember anything from that day. Is there a way to learn it from KCC?

Although there is a typo in my wife's surname on DS-230 forms sent to KCC in June, the interview letter has her name and surname correctly. Do you think this is a good sign?

I called KCC with the same concern. They were not able to help me and said they can't share the info for privacy concerns.

I would say it definitely is a good sign that they are showing the correct spelling.

I've sent my forms to KCC and interview has already been scheduled for myself and spouse. I keep thinking of what I entered to marital status during my initial edv application. I have no clue, I don't remember anything from that day. Is there a way to learn it from KCC?

Although there is a typo in my wife's surname on DS-230 forms sent to KCC in June, the interview letter has her name and surname correctly. Do you think this is a good sign?

If you'd entered your wife you would have had to upload her photo as well. Do you not remember this?

KCC will I think just add on to your interview letter whoever you have sent in DS forms for. They won't (can't) take the decision to deny you an interview or deny a particularly beneficiary once you've been notified of selection - that is up to the consulate - so I'm not sure you can read anything into this, although the spelling does suggest she was entered.

I assume you're aware that if you didn't enter her and your marriage certificate predates the application you'll be denied?

Thanks c1984 and SusieQQQ,

Yes, I am aware that I'will be denied if I didn't enter her in my initial application. I am married for 5 years. I made 2 different application one for each of us, so I uploaded both pictures but i don't recall whether I included her or not. It'd be soooo stupid if I didn't do that. The thing is I never worried about it until I read people saying they didn't include spouse etc. May be I am overthinking :)

Thanks a lot...

If you'd entered your wife you would have had to upload her photo as well. Do you not remember this?

KCC will I think just add on to your interview letter whoever you have sent in DS forms for. They won't (can't) take the decision to deny you an interview or deny a particularly beneficiary once you've been notified of selection - that is up to the consulate - so I'm not sure you can read anything into this, although the spelling does suggest she was entered.

I assume you're aware that if you didn't enter her and your marriage certificate predates the application you'll be denied?

Of course KCC will not share that information for security reasons. The assumption is that if you were already married at the time of the eDV application you would have applied as married and included your spouse in the application. If a person calls asking them to confirm the personal information provided at the time of the eDV application (such as tell him/her the marital status they seleced), they will think the person has somehow gotten hold of someone else's CN/NL and is phishing for the rest of the information.