Is ther any trend that H4 can\'t study in US?

pineyan

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I heard that H4 would no longer study in US as a resident. Is that true? I am really anxious about this. If it is true, then my wife will have to stay at home...
  Thanks.

Verify the source

Before pressing all sorts of panic buttons please take some time and verify the source of your information.

There is not hard and fast rule that H4 have to come to US only for studying.

Probably the INS is again messing up already complex laws and will send H4 to their home country if they want to study in US and apply for a F1 visa.

Thanks for you reply, but...

H4 can\'t work in US, if she can\'t get a degree
here, it will be hard for her to find a job with
h1b status....

H4 can study in US. No laws to prohibit this are under consideration in the senate or house <EOM&

&nbsp;

What about H1B taking courses part-time?

Is there any effect on person on H1B taking part-time courses? The courses may lead to MS degree. However, the enrollment is part-time and the H1B is not based on these courses. Any input is appreciated. I know a couple of people who did this in the past and are also doing it currently.

H1B and getting Master

Thanks for the response. Did you start your Masters part-time after getting H1B? Also, I was wondering what effect INS\' decision to not allow foreigners to take courses without applying for F1 have on this?

Your call

So get a degree here if she cant get a job without the degree. And dont go to home country before getting a job and getting a green card. You cant have your cake and eat it too!

Thanks,guys!!!

Your reply is very helpful to me.
&nbsp;&nbsp;Wish I can help others later when I am familiar enough on those
complex things. :)