Is the lawyer telling the truth?

CanadaToUSA

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My PERM has been applied at the end of last month. I had to do a little argument with him before the application to make it EB2 category (have MS plus 2 yrs experience) cause he wanted to go for EB3. But today when I called and asked if he applied in EB2 category or not he said EB2 or EB3 come into play after the labor approval and during the application of I-140, PERM has nothing to do with EB2 or EB3. There is no way to indicate EB2 or EB3 for labor application. I became little confused cause all these years I knew the labor gets approved in EB2 or EB3 category. Is he telling the truth?

While the I-140 is categorized as EB2 or EB3, it is done so based on the criteria required in the LC. What are the degree and experience requirements in the LC?

The labor cert. is dependent on the actual job that is available and offered.

If the actual job only requires a B.A. or B.S., it does not matter if you have a Master's Degree or a PhD.

You could have 10 Doctorates but that would not change the requirements for a run-of-the-mill software engineer that only requires a Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent work experience.

What is the actual job?