Is someone with a Felony....

mothon

...I have a female companion that i really like they had made a mistake a while back and have a felony on their record, if i marry this person will it affect her sponsoring me with a Green Card? please help.

You have not provided enough details to give any useful reply.

What is the status of the peritioner? USC or LPR?

Where are you? In U.S. outside U.S.? Ever been in U.S.? Method of entry? When? In status or out of status right now? If out of status as of when? Current age? Any prior immigration problems/issues/proceedings etc..? Would you apply as a fiance? Give some useful details, please.

The petitioner is a USC(born), am in the US and came with a I-94 Visa that has expired, i have been out of status for about 10yrs, the only thing i have done was request an extension for the visa and was granted without any problems but since then never filed for anything or had any interaction with them. I would apply as a fiance/spouse i.e she would petition for me through marriage. I hope this is enough details please let me know thanks.

Your future spouse criminal escapades have no bearing on her ability to sponsor you for a green card. However, once you file all the paperwork, don't leave the US until you have your green card on hand. US citizen could be serial killer all we know, but for beneficiaries, don't even kill a mouth, or you will have problems obtaining immigration benefits...lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much, that helps i know she made a mistake in the past i like her but that was keeping me away from any commitment with her since if decide to marry her i would hate to be stuck in that situation if you know what i mean.

Commitments should not be made based on what the other person can do to help with someones Immigration Status just my 2 cents.