Is Renunciation Certificate mandatory for getting a Visa to India?

Mickey_32

Registered Users (C)
I just received my naturalization cert. and have applied for US passport (originally from India). I need to travel to India on business soon and the visa application etc will be done through my employer. I can't find any info that answers this question directly though: Will I be able to apply for this business visa to India without also applying for the renunciation certificate? Can I make this trip without it and then apply on my own for the renunciation certificate and OCI etc later? Since the visa app is through my employer, it would create some administrative issues if I have to throw in an extra form for renunciation, $175 in extra fee etc.

I just received my naturalization cert. and have applied for US passport (originally from India). I need to travel to India on business soon and the visa application etc will be done through my employer.
-------------- if you were Indian Citizen and now got US citizenship then YOU have to apply for Visa.
I can't find any info that answers this question directly though: Will I be able to apply for this business visa to India without also applying for the renunciation certificate?
------------------ First you have to get Surrender Certificate and they will cancel the Indian passport and then you can apply for Visa/PIO/ OCI.
Can I make this trip without it and then apply on my own for the renunciation certificate and OCI etc later?
---NO you are no more Indian Citizen and cant use Indian passport for entry to India
Since the visa app is through my employer, it would create some administrative issues if I have to throw in an extra form for renunciation, $175 in extra fee etc.
------- Employer cant file Visa for you. You have to sign the application and get renunciation certificate by paying.
*** Indian consulate process the Visa through TRAVISA . search for Travisa and read the info.
**** you are posting in wrong thread. go to thread that is for OCI

I guess I wasn't very clear in my message. I didn't say I wanted to get out of applying for a Visa, my questions was do I have to get the Renunciation Certificate before applying for the business visa, or can I apply for a visa without it this time, travel to India and deal with the Renunciation certificate issue later?

Also, my question isn't about OCI, it is about traveling to India right after being naturalized, and the timing of Renunciation Certificate/PP cancelation. I asked if its possible to apply for Renunciation Certificate along with OCI later, because I do plan to do that at some point, and be able to get a Visa now without it. Reason being the admin issues with application process since it is handled through my office. And yes, my company is going to file for the Visa, we have a travel department that handles all travel needs, including visa. Of course I will provide the underlying documents like the application, pictures etc. My issue was that it would create some admin issues if I ask them to include an app for Renunciation Cert, and $$ (as all expenses are directly paid by the company, and renunciation certificate is a personal issue).

I guess I wasn't very clear in my message. I didn't say I wanted to get out of applying for a Visa, my questions was do I have to get the Renunciation Certificate before applying for the business visa, or can I apply for a visa without it this time, travel to India and deal with the Renunciation certificate issue later?
-----------------------BEFORE you apply for Visa you must get Renunciation certificate buy paying the fees and cancelled stamp on your Indian passport.
Also, my question isn't about OCI, it is about traveling to India right after being naturalized, and the timing of Renunciation Certificate/PP cancelation. I asked if its possible to apply for Renunciation Certificate along with OCI later, because I do plan to do that at some point, and be able to get a Visa now without it.
-------------------- You need to get Renunciation certificate BEFORE you apply Visa or PIO Card or OCI.If no Renunciation certificate then no Visa or PIO or OCI

Reason being the admin issues with application process since it is handled through my office. And yes, my company is going to file for the Visa, we have a travel department that handles all travel needs, including visa. Of course I will provide the underlying documents like the application, pictures etc. My issue was that it would create some admin issues if I ask them to include an app for Renunciation Cert, and $$ (as all expenses are directly paid by the company, and renunciation certificate is a personal issue).

----------------------