Is Platic acrd taking 12 months now????

honeyhappy

Registered Users (C)
I went to Chicago office for stamping of my minor kid. Officer was very nice and was trying us to laugh I must say I cannot believe USCIS offical may be so nice. Anyway it PP staming was just a routine matter he told to my question it i staking 12 to 16 months to get plastic card. I have alreday stamped 3 months back and ha snot got card as yet. Any comments Is it true?? :confused:

honeyhappy said:
I went to Chicago office for stamping of my minor kid. Officer was very nice and was trying us to laugh I must say I cannot believe USCIS offical may be so nice. Anyway it PP staming was just a routine matter he told to my question it i staking 12 to 16 months to get plastic card. I have alreday stamped 3 months back and ha snot got card as yet. Any comments Is it true?? :confused:

Yeah,true.I went to the same office(Chicago) and the officer was very nice and entertaining.Probably,we met the same gentleman.We were also informed that the card takes 12 months!.

honeyhappy said:
Any other experience is it true?

My experience (in the summer, in Atlanta) as detailed in my signature was around five weeks. Most people get their cards within 60 days, and I believe the notice on the USCIS web site says to call the 1-800-8NO-HELP number if you haven't received the card within 60 days.

The standard 12-16 month answer is just to get you to bug off.

You need to call the toll free number posted on the USCIS web site if your card did not arrive in 60 days from day of order. more than once I heard of people of getting it in less than 60 days, and if calling that number, they get the card soon there after.

It might depend where you are. My firend in Atlanda received GC card in a week after stamping. My firend in Denvor is still waiting for his card though he got stamped 8 months ago. After calling the toll-free number, he received a notice from NSC saying it takes 12 to 18 months. I stamped in Kansas City on Nov 8 and was told it takes 12 to 14 months. Anyway, I will call the toll-free number after 60 days.

go take a look at "NSC - Plastic Tracker"

There is a NSC - Plastic Tracker (active) in this forum, you will find all the useful information there. Hope this could help:)

I got stamped in Chicago Office and called 1800 no and LUD changes saying we ahve reponded to your request for further info in this regard, I am sure it i sgoing to say it takes 12-14 months or so--. :confused:

It is just standard message. Most people got their gc within 4 months or less. Don't worry. Just enjoy your freedom. (you have a stamp. It is sufficient for traveling and working.)

USGC485 said:
It is just standard message. Most people got their gc within 4 months or less. Don't worry. Just enjoy your freedom. (you have a stamp. It is sufficient for traveling and working.)

:mad: No, it is not true. Most people did not get their GC within 4 months or less!!! :rolleyes: :D :eek: :mad: :( :eek: :D

honeyhappy said:
I got stamped in Chicago Office and called 1800 no and LUD changes saying we ahve reponded to your request for further info in this regard, I am sure it i sgoing to say it takes 12-14 months or so--. :confused:

So we are fuc**d up with the DATV and such junk Visas and useless Transit stuff for 1 more year ...
What the heck is this freedom people talk about .. ?

IDreams,

I didn't say "all of them". I said "most" On the excel spreadsheet that you attahced, they (except the first few rows) show that they received their gc within 4 months. Some of them are not lucky and some of them are lucky.

I received my gc in 2 months so did my spouse and my friends. Hope you receive your gc soon. If you don't receive in 60 days, you may call National Customer as the USCIS website said.

Last edited by a moderator:
USGC485 said:
If you don't receive in 60 months, you may call National Customer as the USCIS website said.

You mean 60 days. If you don't get the card in 60 months, don't waste your time complaining about it, file the N-400 and bitch about how long that takes. ;)

Sorry about my typo. I mean 60 days, not 60 months. Sorry, TheRealCanadian

I corrected it. :)

USGC485 said:
IDreams,

I didn't say "all of them". I said "most" On the excel spreadsheet that you attahced, they (except the first few rows) show that they received their gc within 4 months. Some of them are not lucky and some of them are lucky.

I received my gc in 2 months so did my spouse and my friends. Hope you receive your gc soon. If you don't receive in 60 days, you may call National Customer as the USCIS website said.

USGC485,

Thank you very much. I have called the 1800 number 3 times.

Yes, you are right. Some people are very lucky. ;)

But most are not. On the excel spreadsheet that I attahced, there are 65 people in the list. 13 got their card but Only 5 got their cards within 4 months and 18 have waited more than 4 months and get nothing!

5/18. 5:18 ??

;)