Is L1 better than B1?

datrojan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife is being sent to the US on a short term assignment on a B1 visa and I plan to change her status to H4 once she is here. I am on an H1 and have filed for my GC.

Is it possible for her B1 to get rejected? Would it be better for her to get here on L1 instead? Or should we apply for H4 and then change to L1 so that she can finish her project.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

datrojan said:
Hi,

My wife is being sent to the US on a short term assignment on a B1 visa and I plan to change her status to H4 once she is here. I am on an H1 and have filed for my GC.

Is it possible for her B1 to get rejected? Would it be better for her to get here on L1 instead? Or should we apply for H4 and then change to L1 so that she can finish her project.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

More possibilities for b1 get rejected, being husbund is in US, if it is L1 or H4 no such restriction. Why can't you bring her in H4????

Yeah, I was thinking H4 too, except that I hear consulates have some quota for Business Express companies and they can get an interview in a couple of weeks instead of waiting for 3 months to get the H4 interview @ Mumbai Consulate.

Thanks for your input.