is it worth it ( PLzzz help me fast)

w_ali

Registered Users (C)
Im was on j1 in 2003 . I returned to my country in aug 2003 , so i ve completed my one year of HRR . Now i want to apply for F1 for the spring 2005 session tht means tht i'll still have abt 8 months of HRR to fin ish so should i
1. Take up F1 & then return back to complete HRR (i wanna know if i can do tht ) :( :
2 Take up F1 & go through the waiver process which is not easy by any means ) :confused:
3 Take up admin in fall 2005 there by completing the HRR in one go :rolleyes:

Plzzzz tell me wht to do

Also tell me if i can apply for immigration a couple of months remaining for HRR to get over :D

PS : I hate the person who introduced J1 . Im suffering so badly :confused:

either of the three ways are fine, except for getting a waiver is really difficult and it depends entirely on your personal circumstances.

My suggestion is, it is better to comply the HRR on one shot and then apply for F-1 Visa. If you have not complied HRR you may not get your F-1 visa in the first place.It is likely that they will reject your visa.

If you have already obtained admission you can always defer it to fall 2005.Any university will easily do it.
Kalingan

Last edited by a moderator:
they didn't reject my application for F-1. There could be other important reasons why F-1 would be rejected.

In any case, HRR applies only if you are applying for H1, L1 or an immigrant visa.

thanks

Thanks a lot,
I think with the HRR still pending my chances of getting an H1 would be increased as i can prove it to them tht im coming back to my home country .

I 've thought abt this Im applying for F1 for spring 2005 (with 7months remaining for HRR) Im doing this coz i feel it will be easier for me to convince the visa people tht im coming back . More over if I complete the HRR i fear tht my student visa will be rejected as they would have a reason to believe tht i 'm not coming back . Just tell me if my thinking is right .

Next abt the waiver i think im gonna apply as soon as possible , but im also keeping my option of returning to my country for 7 months open . ( i just want to know if i can do it )

THanks again plzz lemme know if wht im thinking is ok or not

even without HRR, you have to prove that you are coming back home if you are trying to get F-1 visa, since it is a non-immigrant visa.