Is it visa REstamping required

sukhesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys:

This is my situation...

I have a valied visa till the dec 2004 and planning to go to india now( with old employer).
i changed my employer recently.
These are questions in my mind:

1.do i need to get it stamped in india.
2.Is it required to show the new h1 at the port of entry when i return.
3.what is the correct way.
4. what is the safe way.

appreciate your advice ASAP and thanks in advance.

Thanks.
Sukhesh

Hi guys:

This is my situation...

I have a valid visa till the dec 2004 and planning to go to india now( with old employer).
I changed my employer recently.
These are questions in my mind:

1.do I need to get it stamped in India.
---- No need you can enter with the valid Visa stamp on PP (even if with past employer name on it) also show your new H1 approval notice at POE so that you can get newI-94 valid till your new H1 approval notice and if the inspector at POE gives you I-94 till Visa stamp date ask for the supervisor and get I-94 till the new H1 approval notice because many inspectors are new and commit mistakes. If you have time and wish to do you can also get new H1 visa stamped in India, if Chennai better avoid it and later you can revalidate visa in US from DOS
2.Is it required to show the new h1 at the port of entry when i return.
--- YES, you will get new I-94 valid till the date of new H1 approval notice. Remember you have to submit your I-94 that came with new H1 approval notice below right side when you depart US. You may be having two I-194 surrender the both when you depart US and staple both with pin or ask for staple from airline counter
3.what is the correct way.
4. what is the safe way.

I am in the same situation

Hi Sukesh/Ginnu,

I am in the same situation like sukesh. My old employer's visa (stamped in passport) is valid till Feb 2004 (I don't know whether they cancelled it or not) and my new employer's h1 is valid till october 2004. Same for my wife's h4. I am planning a trip this December.

I have one additional question to Ginnu. Whatever you said for sukesh is that valid even if the old employer cancelled the H1 ? Also there shouldn't be any problem for my wife's entry with H4 isn't it ? (she got a new h4 along with my new h1 for same period)

I am hearing many stories (real) about recent visa stamping in chennai from my friends. I don't want to go through it and i want to get it stamped here. Similar to sukesh i cannot get stamping here as my visa is valid till Feb 2004.

Please advise.

Thanks
Raj

I am in the same situation like sukesh. My old employer's visa (stamped in passport) is valid till Feb 2004 (I don't know whether they cancelled it or not) and my new employer's h1 is valid till October 2004. Same for my wife's h4. I am planning a trip this December.
----- You can use that Visa stamp with past employer name on it, past employer can only revoke H1b petition NOT the visa stamp in passport, when you enter US show your H1 approval notice and passport Visa stamp you will get I-94 till the validity of your H1 approval notice
I have one additional question to Ginnu. Whatever you said for sukesh is that valid even if the old employer cancelled the H1 ?
---YES
Also there shouldn't be any problem for my wife's entry with H4 isn't it ? (she got a new h4 along with my new h1 for same period)
-- your wife will be having no problem, better she should keep copy of your H1, if you enter at POE at same time then show your approval notice and she will get I-94 valid till that date.
I am hearing many stories (real) about recent visa stamping in Chennai from my friends. I don't want to go through it and i want to get it stamped here. Similar to sukesh i cannot get stamping here, as my visa is valid till Feb 2004.

Thanks for the reply

Ginnu,

Thanks for your response. I checked with my company attorney and she gave me the same reply as yours.

Thanks again
Raj

Sukesh,

Can you please post your experience at Port Of Entry once you come back from the vacation ? That might help me during my return from vacation.

Thanks
Raj

Hey Guys
Was in your situation few months back the only thing different u have to do is on the back of the I-94 card u have to put the details of the New Company and the Pet Number (LIN/EAC etc) thats the only thing, i did not put them the office asked me to do so and am in

Thanks Zipper

Zipper,

Thanks for the information. I will remember to write the New Company info. in the I-94 card.

Thanks again
Raj

hey giinnu.... tthiis is forr u

ginnu

u told Raj that if he has the old visa stamp than the new stamp is not rrequiired... he can come iin with neew approval & take ann I-94....

tha can u pls telll me that how that is different from my situation where my H1 transfer is approved without extensiion of status..... my old visa stamp is validd tilll 2006 & i for sure know that my employer has revoked my pettition....

most of the lawyers includng you have told me that ii need to go back to home country for the visa stamp......since i havee the approval but not 1-94.........

can u pls clariify

Got In. Need Info about H1 stamping in US

Ginnu/Friends,

Thanks for all your advises. I came back last week without any problem with my old visa stamping and showing the new H1 petition.

Now I need to send my PP for stamping to St.Louis. I am little confused with the list of documents to be sent. From the DOS web site, it seems that i need to send only

-Original Passport with I-94
-I-797 Copy (Do I have to get a certified copy ?)
-Photos
-Letter from Current Employer (Do I have to mention my wife's name in this letter ?)
-156 & 157 forms

My question is, as my current visa in the PP is of old employer's Do I have to submit any of the following

-All my old H1 Petition/LCA copies ?
-W2s ?
-Experience letter from my past employer (USA) ?
-Other previous job experience letters ?
-Degree Certificates ?
-Marriage Certificate for wife's H4 ?
- Birth Certificates ?

Please let me know what else i should send.

Thanks
Raj

My question is, as my current visa in the PP is of old employer's Do I have to submit any of the following

-All my old H1 Petition/LCA copies ?
------------NO
-W2s ?
------------NO
-Experience letter from my past employer (USA) ?
------------NO
-Other previous job experience letters ?
-----------NO
-Degree Certificates ?
----NO
-Marriage Certificate for wife's H4 ?
------- attach the copy
- Birth Certificates ?
---NO

read:

http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html

Need couple more information

Ginnu,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. I had/have couple more questions towards this

- Do I have to get a certified/Notarized copy of I-797 Copy or just a photo copy is enough

- Do I have to mention my wife's name in the employment Letter from Current Employer?

- Do I have to send the certified copy of my marriage certificate or just a photo copy.

I gone through the DOS website, but they have mentioned just as copies. I am not sure whether its just a photo copy or a certified copy. I appreciate your help very much.

Thanks again
rajganpa

Ginnu,

Thank you very much for your immediate reply. I had/have couple more questions towards this

- Do I have to get a certified/Notarized copy of I-797 Copy or just a photo copy is enough
------ you can send original H1 approval notice they will send it back ( I read a post in the past that h1 approval copy was sent and they did not stamp the Visa
- Do I have to mention my wife's name in the employment Letter from Current Employer?
----- YES the employer letter has to write your job title, skills how much they pay you and request for YOUR H1 Visa stamp and your spouse H4 visa stamp they should write your spouse name as appears on passport and request to DOS that you and your spouse should be granted Visa stamps
- Do I have to send the certified copy of my marriage certificate or just a photo copy.
----- Photocopy is enough and it should be with your spouse documents.
I gone through the DOS website, but they have mentioned just as copies. I am not sure whether its just a photo copy or a certified copy. I appreciate your help very much.

*** write in the cover letter what you have attached for you(your name) and for spouse H4 visa stamp.

Send it by FedEx, provide the credit card # that is NOT going to expire in 3-4 months.
You have also to send prepaid FedEx envelop for return of your documents, put this FedEx envelope also with passports in the envelope you are sending and on RETURN envelope write the address as:

Your Name
Your address

TO
Your name
Your address

*** keep the copies of each page of passports with you and I-94 copy (front and back )with you, keep the copy of cover letter,employer letter, in short keep the copy of each document that you send including fillid up forms, fees checks or the full package that you sent

Thanks

Ginnu,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will follow the steps and post the status later.

Thanks & Regards
rajganpa

Need Some more help on DS-156 & DS-157 forms

Hi,

I have few more questions about the DS-156 & DS-157 forms

(1) My labor is still pending (applied by my employer). what should is say for Question Number :36 in DS-156
Has anyone Ever filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf? If Yes, Who?

* What should I write in my application ?

* What should i write in my wife's application ?

(2) For Question 25 (Name and Telephone Number of Person IN U.S Who you will be staying with)

* What should i write in my DS-156 application ? &

* What should i write for my wife's (H4) DS-156 application ? &

(3) For Question 26. How long do you intent to stay in U.S. ?
Should i write till the validity of my current H1 (10 Months) ?

(4) For Question 34 (Name and Relationships of Persons Travelling with you) ?

(5) I have a old and a new passport, think i have to write the New Passport Number only in the DS-156 application ? (My Current Visa stamping is in my old/expired passport)

I have this question in DS-157 form
(6) Question No. 8 (Full Name and Address of the Contact Person or Organization in United States)

Do I have to write my HR/Employer Contact Information or my own personal contact info. ?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
rajganpa