is it true?

We are awaiting another memo from USCIS regarding start date. But the memo released on 9th states that by end of June we can extend EAD's for two years.

We are awaiting another memo from USCIS regarding start date. But the memo released on 9th states that by end of June we can extend EAD's for two years.

Right, but will it cost the same, or will they double the fee...?!

Right, but will it cost the same, or will they double the fee...?!

For those who paid the higher I-485 fees, they can triple the fees and it won't make a difference.

From what I've read, not all EADs will be for 2 years, only those for people who are "unlikely" to be approved within a year.

Can anyone think of a sane reason why they would extend only "some" EADs by two years?
Other than them not getting the application fees, I do not see any benefit.
Rather by doing multi year EADs, they will reduce the stress on the applicants part; and will reduce the workload on the USCIS part.

I can see some lawsuits being lined up when they don't do multi year EAD renewal, and also don't approve the 485 within a year.

I think they are going to approve 2 year EAD's for the cases who are not current yet.

For the ones with PD current, they may issue one year only

But no one talked about the cases being current but UNDER EXTENDED REVIEW for more years. Here the lawsuits come into picture and these are the most unfortunate guys need to stress more and pay more. And few from this forum are already planning to do that by this year end including me.