is it possible to have portability without I140 receipt

dreams_n_work

Registered Users (C)
All,

Is I140 receipt required anytime after joining a new employer using AC21 portability? There is a risk that receipt might not be provided by previous employer to an employee, especially after opting for AC21. I am eligible and considering portability. Please share your knowledge on whether I 140 receipt will be required for any other document renewal (like EAD) submitted by the new attorney during immigration approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
All,

Is I140 receipt required anytime after joining a new employer using AC21 portability? There is a risk that receipt might not be provided by previous employer to an employee, especially after opting for AC21. I am eligible and considering portability. Please share your knowledge on whether I 140 receipt will be required for any other document renewal (like EAD) submitted by the new attorney during immigration approval.
You dont need I-140 reciept or I-140 approval notice. you need Cover letter to request for AC21+copy of your I-485 filing reciept+new employer same/similar job offer letter. you can take the help from your new company lawyer or search /read the threads.