IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE DATE OF BIRTH AFTER GETTING U.S NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE?

Raj Chettri

GOOD AFTERNOON,
I AM RAJ AND A NATURALIZED U.S. CITIZEN. I CAME TO UNITED STATES 6 YEARS AGO AS A REFUGEE IMMIGRANT.I HAD CHANGED MY DOB IN MY COUNTRY,BEFORE MY SECOND MARRIAGE(AFTER MY 1ST WIFE DIED)AND MADE MYSELF 10 YEARS YOUNGER.NOW I AM 64 BUT MY RECORD HAS 54 PER DATA I GAVE IT TO THEM BEFORE COMING TO USA.I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUPPORTING DATA THAT MAKE ME 64.IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN STILL CHANGE MY DATE OF BIRTH AND BE OF 64 YEARS INSTEAD OF 54 YEARS.I LOOK OLDER THEN 54 YEARS. AND IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT THIS MEANS.I FOUND IT ON USCIS WEBSITE.
338.5(e) Data change. The correction will
not be deemed to be justified where the
naturalized person later alleges that the
name or date of birth which the
applicant stated to be his or her correct
name or date of birth at the time of
naturalization was not in fact his or her
name or date of birth at the time of the
naturalization.
I MEAN CAN I STILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE MY DOB OR NOT?.
THANK YOU.

Wow.

So you lied to them 6 years ago (presumably giving false documents to support your claim). Now you want to correct their records because they have the wrong date. Do you think the rule described in 338.5(e) is unreasonable?????

Seriously?

IN MY COUNTRY MANY PEOPLE DOSE LIE ABOUT THEIR DOB TO LOOK YOUNGER AND GET PERFECT JOB,COLLEGE EDUCATION,YOUNGER WIFE ETC.THOSE NATIONS ARE NOT LIKE USA.AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANY IDEA THAT ONE DAY I HAVE TO COME HERE IN UNITED STATES.AND I DIDN'T GIVE THEM THE FALSE DOCUMENT.I GAVE THEM WHAT I HAD AND NO ONE TOLD ME TO CHANGE IT BEFORE I GET NATURALIZED.

WOW AND YOU ARE UNKNOWN ABOUT PEOPLE CHANGING DOB?
Seriously

It doesn't matter what you did in your country - you did this in the USA - and you admit it is a lie. So don't be surprised when their rules say what they say.

I don't understand why you want to suddenly "get older". Couldn't be related to collecting retirement benefits could it?

As far as I can see, you will open a huge can of worms if you admit that you lied about your date of birth. Unless someone else on this forum (or a refugee/asylum attorney) says you can change your DOB safely, you should let it go.

WOW AND YOU ARE UNKNOWN ABOUT PEOPLE CHANGING DOB?

I have heard of people changing their DOB by 6 months or 1 year to get school admission, but that was old days and nowadays birth certificate rules. However, since you are 54/64, the old rules may apply, but a change of 10 years ... I guess if your parents leave a deathbed confession saying they falsified your DOB, some creative lawyer may be able to convince CIS ... and as long as you can explain how at the age of 20, you really thought you were 10 (or vice versa).

My best guess ... you changed the DOB yourself so there are no easy outs and you need to live the lie now.

GOOD AFTERNOON,
I CAME TO UNITED STATES 6 YEARS AGO AS A REFUGEE IMMIGRANT.I HAD CHANGED MY DOB IN MY COUNTRY
BEFORE MY SECOND MARRIAGE(AFTER MY 1ST WIFE DIED)AND MADE MYSELF 10 YEARS YOUNGER.
Seriously, you got marriage by faking your age and come to US with your wife! the refugee case always gotta be fake then!

NOW I AM 64 BUT MY RECORD HAS 54 PER DATA I GAVE IT TO THEM BEFORE COMING TO USA. I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUPPORTING DATA THAT MAKE ME 64.
Wait, you are 64 (in real), but you are 54 by faking it in document of USCIS. Now, why do you wanna be 64, for Social Security benefits? C'mon, STOP IT FROM THERE!

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN STILL CHANGE MY DATE OF BIRTH AND BE OF 64 YEARS INSTEAD OF 54 YEARS.I LOOK OLDER THEN 54 YEARS. AND IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT THIS MEANS.I FOUND IT ON USCIS WEBSITE.
338.5(e) Data change. The correction will
not be deemed to be justified where the
naturalized person later alleges that the
name or date of birth which the
applicant stated to be his or her correct
name or date of birth at the time of
naturalization was not in fact his or her
name or date of birth at the time of the
naturalization.
I MEAN CAN I STILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE MY DOB OR NOT?.
THANK YOU.

You should consider yourself to change/verify your Identity before you swore in US Embassy. HELL NO! GET A LIFE AND LIVE WITH YOUR LIES! AND HOPE USCIS FINE OUT!

CasioN400, you should think about deleting your comment. It's unnecessary, and irrelevant to the discussion. And since you mention learning English, one does not learn a language as a first language. It's either your first language, or it isn't. You're the pot calling the kettle black, in my opinion.

It's actually possible to change. My parent was a Vietnamese refugee and we tried to find a lawyer to help us. I think it will depend on the year you naturalized. Search for these lawyers: xxxxxxxxxxxx. They both blogged that they could.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this issue funny. It may be possible to change but may need a court order. Or you could wait a few years - there are people arguing to be “age fluid” similar to “gender fluid”. So now since genders can be officially changed on IDs with doctor certificates I suspect that changing age isn’t too far away...