Is it Possible that I-485 is approved & I-i30 is still pending

zombie2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I received my conditional green card on sep 30, 2006 and now i am getting ready to file I-751. I just went online to see if my online account for the case status was still active. Thats when i noticed that my I-130 is still pending while my I -485 was approved way back in 2006. Is this normal or am I in trouble?? I am worried if this is going to cause any problems to my I-751.

Please help.

I did my Interview in August 2006 and I recieved both the 1-485 and I-130 appoval notices shortly after. Therefore you should have recieved an approval stating that your I-130 has been approved. If not you may want to call USCIS and asked them or make an appointment to see an immigration officer through infopass. But from my understanding is that once you pass the interview both your I-485 and I130 are approved and then they send you a card.

I just went online to see if my online account for the case status was still active. Thats when i noticed that my I-130 is still pending while my I -485 was approved way back in 2006. Is this normal or am I in trouble?? I am worried if this is going to cause any problems to my I-751.

The online status is useless. My I-485 is still marked as transferred to a local office awaiting an interview despite being almost ready to file my N400. Your I-485 could not be approved without the I-130 being approved.

The online status is useless. My I-485 is still marked as transferred to a local office awaiting an interview despite being almost ready to file my N400. Your I-485 could not be approved without the I-130 being approved.

Thanks a lot TheRealCanadian. Makes me a feel a little better

My I-485 states that its been approved and i also have the letter. But i don't have one for I-130, thats i was concerned. I did travel in and out of country without any problems and also did get my new SSN without the "for work authorization only" clause. I hope i will not have any problems with my I-751 application

My I-485 states that its been approved and i also have the letter. But i don't have one for I-130, thats i was concerned. I did travel in and out of country without any problems and also did get my new SSN without the "for work authorization only" clause. I hope i will not have any problems with my I-751 application

You'll be fine.