Is it better to mail N-400 using express delivery? And to which address?

bcc8234

Registered Users (C)
I live in Florida, so the addresses USCIS shows on their site are:

USCIS
P.O. 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

and for express delivery or courier:

USCIS
Attn: N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121
Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I want to use USPS express delivery with confirmation. Does that mean I should still use the second address? Or is the second address meant only for FedEx, UPS, etc. while all USPS mail should be mailed to their PO box address?

It's a pretty dumb question, but for some reason I'm beginning to get nervous over every little detail :)

USCIS
P.O. 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
2501 S State Hwy 121
Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I want to use USPS express delivery with confirmation. Does that mean I should still use the second address? Or is the second address meant only for FedEx, UPS, etc. while all USPS mail should be mailed to their PO box address?

It's a pretty dumb question, but for some reason I'm beginning to get nervous over every little detail :)

I used USPS Express mail
and the address I sent was

USCIS
2501 S State Hwy 121
Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

got there ok

USCIS
P.O. 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
2501 S State Hwy 121
Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

The second address is correct. Having receipt confirmation provides you with evidence/comfort that USCIS received your application.

That's the address I used and I have the receipt to prove it.
I requested signature conformation.
Sent Saturday July 31, 2010 and here's the tracking:

Label/Receipt Number: EG33 0167 679U S
Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time: August 2, 2010, 3:00 PM
Class: Express Mail®

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 1:20 pm on August 03, 2010 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Forwarded, August 03, 2010, 1:20 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX
Bullet Sorting Complete, August 03, 2010, 9:32 am, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 02, 2010, 7:00 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Bullet Arrival at Unit, August 02, 2010, 12:05 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Bullet Forwarded, August 02, 2010, 11:52 am, LEWISVILLE, TX
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, August 02, 2010, 12:43 am, COPPELL, TX 75099
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, July 31, 2010, 4:44 pm, BROCKTON, MA 02301
Bullet Acceptance, July 31, 2010, 11:59 am, PLYMOUTH, MA 02360

Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?
I haven't received any conformation that it was delivered.

Thanks,
John

Anyone have any idea what's going on with it?
Don't worry, USCIS has received your application. The tracking information shows it has been forwarded to their main Texas processing center. Check the status again later today or tomorrow and it will show delivered.

Don't worry, USCIS has received your application. The tracking information shows it has been forwarded to their main Texas processing center. Check the status again later today or tomorrow and it will show delivered.

Thanks for the info Bob, I'll keep my eye on the USPS status page.

I finally rec'd an email from USPS about my N-400 package:

Date: 08/10/2010

John xxxxxxx

In response to your request dated 08/02/2010, we regret to inform you that we were unable to locate any delivery information in our records regarding your item number EG33 xxxxxxxUS.

If you require additional assistance, please take this receipt to your local Post Office or postal representative.

Sincerely,

United States Postal Service

Looks like they have no idea what happened to it!:confused:

Well, so much for USPS, USCIS did receive it and my check was cashed today.:cool:

Never ever again will I ship any important documents with USPS.:mad:

John

I finally rec'd an email from USPS about my N-400 package:

Never ever again will I ship any important documents with USPS.:mad:

John

USPS delivered the application form, but you are never going to mail any important documents with USPS? Am I missing something here? Is it possible that you are neurotic over small matters? I usually mail all my immigration paperwork via pigeon mail, reliable and is usually there the next day. When I see "alfredo" touch down on my deck with a leaf, the delivery was successful...

Hi John,

I have the exactly same situation as yours. I did an online research myself and found out that before December last year there used to be a regular mail lockbox in Lewisville; since then the USCIS asked the local post office to forward all REGULAR mails to Dallas lockbox; HOWEVER, if you use express mail, they should still deliver it to the Lewisville office. I believe the people working at Lewisville post office is so stupid that they forward all express mail to Dallas lockbox as well!!!

USCIS
P.O. 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS
2501 S State Hwy 121
Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Do not send your N400 application to "2501 S State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067" using USPS . If you already have done so, your package will be forwarded to Dallas Lockbox, which will cause 1-3 days (may be more) delay for delivery. USPS Express Mail should go directly to Dallas Lockbox.

Read USCIS M-476 Form (A Guide to Naturalization ) Chapter 5, you will see clearly that "USCIS, Attn: N-400, 2501 S State Hwy 121 Business, Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067" is for PRIVATE COURRIER (NON USPS) DELIVERIES. It can't be stated clearer than this. So, my advise: send it to Dallas Lockbox since you want to use USPS Express mail.

By the way, I made the mistake in sending USPS Express Mail to "2501 S State Hwy 121 Business, Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067" and got 3 days delay after my courrier was forwarded to Dallas Lockbox. Don't repeat my mistake.
Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator: