Is is true that Singapore doesn't accept RTD anymore?

Yes they will deny entry on RTD or RP.just happen to me on 03/05/08.After landing at airport they took me to some room and showed a huge notice hanging off wall saying Singapore does not recognize RTD and RP.
Do not listen to any advise you get from this forum that you dont need visa.you will be in big trouble at airport.

Good luck and safe travel

Yes they will deny entry on RTD or RP.just happen to me on 03/05/08.After landing at airport they took me to some room and showed a huge notice hanging off wall saying Singapore does not recognize RTD and RP.
Do not listen to any advise you get from this forum that you dont need visa.you will be in big trouble at airport.

Good luck and safe travel

jxsssi27,

what happened then? Did they put you on a flight back to the US?

Just called Singapore Embassy in Washington DC...

The operator confirmed that Singapore no longer recognize any type of travel documents issued by DHS, a passport is needed to enter Singapore :(

After 5 hour i was back in airplane. So please do not try to go there without passport and visa. Immigration officers were very nice. They really want to help me. I got offer for free room in airport in case no flight back and they called airline for ticket back without extra charge and a very nice lunch with them . They were just doing there jobs. You or anybody in our situation should not try this. i wish you and all very safe and happy travel

Interesting that they changed from one extreme (no visa needed) to the other extreme (you cannot come in no matter what) without explanation. I googled it and could not find any official statement of policy.

I checked the New York consulate website, and it says that Singapore doesn't recognise the US travel documents. However, they can issue visas in RTDs of Middle Eastern countries... does that sound interesting to anyone?

I checked the New York consulate website, and it says that Singapore doesn't recognise the US travel documents. However, they can issue visas in RTDs of Middle Eastern countries... does that sound interesting to anyone?

Same as most european and even canada says no visa required for Mexican citizens but US GC holders go through extra scrutiny at least for Europe.