Is INS following ND instead of RD for AOS? -PCee

Dee Rod

I do understand that there are many quirks and each case is slightly different.

However even general trends where u can see that 60 percent or 70 percent are following a pattern is not true

The cases are not following rd or nd or any other pattern like process resumed etc etc.

I think that even if PCee tries to change from rd to nd - he will not be able to get a better trend pattern.

PCee ..My case is assigned to officer on Feb 13th.

Hello Pcee

My case is assigned to officer on Feb 13th ( as was found out by my wife on Feb 14th ). But I didn\'t call again to reconfirm the same. I am sick of this IIO calling and I would probably be better off waiting to receive the good news by snail mail.

Anyway, nice to interact with you thro\' this board. You are doing one great job really. Please count me in for any assistance you might need.

Thanks

Tamizhan

DSS,

Post all details on MAY thread . Easier to pcee to add to his tracking list . Good Luck !

PCee

Actually, I wasn\'t thinking of making it online, real time. In a matter of minutes one can run through the May list or June list (just check those who are still waiting, ignore the green bands). You can quickly identify those who haven\'t posted after Dec. 31. Make their backgrounds gray.

If any of those get back, then you can put them back on white background. But I think such cases will be the exception.

This exercise can be limited to May, June, July as these are the "hot" months right now. Then as the approval graph moves forward, interested parties can keep the ball rolling.

What do IIO refer to ND or RD

Well, I have not posted on this site before and also don\'t have an handle on Pcee\'s tracking site, this whole conversation is making me nervous.
Here\'s my info.
RD: May\' 16
ND: Sept\' 17
WAC#: 01-285
AP received in Oct
FP done on Dec 7th
Jan 12th AVM message changed to processing resumed...
Been so ever since

I have 4 month gap betweenn RD and ND, so what are the IIO\'s looking up when I call them up ND or RD, I have called IIO before and all I got from them was "Be patient".

-DS

No Title

If it is by ND the I\'m in trouble. my case details is RD 06/15/01, ND 11/06/01, FP done 11/30/01 and message processing has resumed on your case since 01/10/02. there\'s a 5 months gap btween RD and ND. please advise me on what I should do if It\'s really by ND. Looking at the approval pattern it seems to be by ND, I\'m very worried.

tiko,

Honestly you are just paranoid . My RD 07/11 and ND 08/28 and i just now spoke to an IIO . My case is not yet assigned . Just hang on ..
you dont have a choice but to wait ...

another stat to support PCee\'s theory

I just looked at May\'s list (among the people who already reported FP) and noticed that 8 out of 9 people having Aug. ND are still waiting where as that # is only 16 out of 80 for earlier ND.

Thanks Dee Rod, I will

remember. Good summary.

Good luck with your case. Even though it may take longer because of the factors you have pointed out, I am sure it has been more rewarding than living in a single US address for 2 years.

Pcee

Yes - If INS goes ND instead of RD things will change for those people who got ND late.

But I still feel that INS is not going either by ND or RD - It is going manually and that files are stored systematically upto a point till they are adjudication ready and then sent to the adjudication floor. That is where the mess starts and files are allocated unsystematically and it becomes haphazard after that

But even if it takes a little longer I hope that we dont get rfe or interview.

I do not think it\'s ND...

I am pretty bad at analysis and I go by my instincts, so bear with me.
I happened to call INS y\'day night and keyed in a wrong WAC which happened to be just a number before mine {My wac is 01-265-5xxxY and the number I keyed in is 01-265-5xxx(Y-1)}. It turned out that that case was approved [That I screamed, jumped up with joy, pumped my fist in air, almost cried, rolled around on the floor, hugged and kissed everyone in sight (luckily, they happened to be my wife and daughter!) and thought about how to celebrate, all in just under 90 seconds before realizing my mistake is a different story :( ]. Anyhow, coming to the point, since that lucky person with the same ND as mine was approved on Jan 10th (I called again twice again - once with my WAC and then again with the other persons WAC to clarify things) makes me think that approvals are based on RDs (and going by my instincts - they consider PD\'s too) and not ND\'s. Probably that lucky person had filed in his 485 sometime in may/june but INS opened his application only on August 23rd (the date that 01- 265 corresponds to).
As for the August approvals, I remember a post by hs ks where he (I know him!)said "they are exceptions and just that.. exceptions!" I go with it.

just my instincts!
bvm

bvm - the number that u punched in which was approved

may be for I-485 or may even be for I-140
or may be for any other type of case that CSC handles

Just wanted to bring this thought up to the readers

I feel the order is PD, RD and then FP

That is my deduction after seeing the approval on this board.

The July RD folks who have got approval are all with \'98,\'99 or 2000 PD\'s.

My 2c

bvm, rsrgc, ...

could have been an appln for i-485. When u punched in the number didnt it say ..that your appln for I-485 has been approved or something like that? I thought when u punch in ur wac it tells u what kind of appln it is and the status? BVM do u remember exactly what it said...Its been a while since I called to check AVM ...so I might be wrong.
rsrgc ... is it possible that the 485\'s are ordered by ND/RD and PD...for each of the categories ? a seperate list for all the EB\'s monthly? (ofcourse adjudication ready cases)

sastri..

I just said "This case has been approved on Jan 10th 2002 and a notice has been mailed..."

oh well ... we really have no idea as to what type of case it was then :-(

...if only INS follows some sort of norm in handling these cases we dont have to break our heads like this trying to guess if it is rd/nd/pd or fp date ...good luck bvm. Hope u get ur approval soon.