Is "driving with suspended license" a crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is a misdemeanor if convicted for it but I do not think that will make you ineligible for a benefit though.. depends on your Immigration status.

ernorman said:
Guys.....

It is becoming very important question.

Yes it is.

If you are asking if it will have any impact during adjustment, I don't know.

If the license has been suspended because of a DUI, there may be additional state law that apply. (in MA you could lose your license for 10 years for multiple DUI). But in most states you can also get a hardship license that will allow you to drive to work and back (or to a hospital, etc). Explore those options as well.

Floyd

Ernorman

Ernorman,
One thing I know that when you apply for your citizebship, they ask you to list all the citations on N-400 (even traffic violations). Depending on the reason why your license was suspended and if it is serious enough like DUI, it might land you in hot water with USCIS.

ernorman
Check driver's manual in your state. It should contain all the information you are looking for. Say, in California, DWI (Driving While Suspended) may land you in prison for up to 5 years - I just did a quick search on the subject. I would highly not recommend to do it.

Dude,

Go to the court and get a desposition letter with the court seal. Consult an attorney with the letter in hand. It depends on the state code and also what you plead guilty of. But usually this is not a big deal.

Morning,

If I were you, I would have writing to Ombudsman, FBI, Congressman, White House, DHS General Counsel Office, etc. It might work somehow, if not, that is the evidence that you exhausted all remedies before filing lawsuit.

windywd
Belive me, I have contacted most of the sources you mentioned. Result - zero! I may need help with filind WOM if you don't mind assisting me with that. I will highly appreciate any kind of input.

Morning said:
windywd
Belive me, I have contacted most of the sources you mentioned. Result - zero! I may need help with filind WOM if you don't mind assisting me with that. I will highly appreciate any kind of input.

It is my pleasure. At least you are better than the poor guy who asked Gonzalez the question of his adjudication--ND 1998!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder whether they violating the Ngwanyia v. Gonzales class settlement, because they said they will approve the case in chronological order "at maximum possible".

windywd
I wonder whether they violating the Ngwanyia v. Gonzales class settlement, because they said they will approve the case in chronological order "at maximum possible".
I pointed that out myself in the demand letter, which I sent to the NSC on 06/24/06. I also emailed to: NSCLawsuitAsylum@dhs.gov on 06/27/06. Response followed on 07/12/06: (copy-paste) "Your case is currently with an officer at this time. Your should receive correspondence within the next 30 days.

Thank you"
I suggest that we discuss it further in private. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To: Morning

INS = Gestapo ?????

If they were Gestapo you and all of us - not Americans were in concentration camps.

I do understand your true concern of waiting for 1800 days but INS is far from being even remotely like Gestapo

wanttobefree
INS = Gestapo ?????
1,800 days in waiting is just a tip of the iceberg. Besides, this is my personal opinion based on my personal expericence. Unfortunately, I have a good reason to state this. Hope, they treated you more gently than me.

ermorman
If it's still an issue: I checked with a professional and he said that if the DL suspension is a result of DUI, DWL is a felony, otherwise - misdemeanor and lots depends on the state laws which may vary.

Morning said:
ermorman
If it's still an issue: I checked with a professional and he said that if the DL suspension is a result of DUI, DWL is a felony, otherwise - midemeanor and lots depends on the state laws which may vary.

Morning,

Many thanks for this. As I stated in my complaint: "Petitioner has never been arrested and convicted for any crime...", one day I was on the bus and remembered an incident 3 years earlier: I was technically arrested and saw the judge for failing to pay one traffic ticket. The judge was nice and ordered the clerk to record it as "traffic violation" and let me go after fining me $75. I basically don't want any factual info challenged by AUSA since that looks really bad.

Then, I asked a lawyer, and he told me that traffic violation is not crime. Crime includes misdemeader and felony. He suggested me to get certificate of desposition letter. I got it and showed it to him.... He said "you are ok, this is traffic violation..." So, I am safe. :D :D :D

Thanks again.

ernorman
You're welcome! Sorry about the typo in your screen name in my previous message. :eek:

Morning said:
ermorman
If it's still an issue: I checked with a professional and he said that if the DL suspension is a result of DUI, DWL is a felony, otherwise - midemeanor and lots depends on the state laws which may vary.

You equate INS=Gestapo?

Remember, when you applied for Asylum, you said were either going to be jailed or killed in your home country. You owe your life to INS. Stop this non-sense.

Stop whining.

By the way, it is not INS, it is USCIS.

GreenCardVirus
you said were either going to be jailed
I never stated that, so it's your fantasy. I owe my life to myself, not the INS. Again, you do not know all the particulars of my case and I'm entitled to having my own opinion based on my experience, as well as you're entitled to having yours. By the way, I never asked for any kind of advice from you. ;)

Morning said:
GreenCardVirus
you said were either going to be jailed
I never stated that, so it's your fantasy. I owe my life to myself, not the INS. Again, you do not not all the particulars of my case and I'm entitled to having my own opinion based on my experience, as well as you're entitled to having yours. By the way, I never asked for any kind of advice from you. ;)

I know reality hurts.

Anyways, I reported you to the Admins of this forum. It is matter of time before they ban you.

There was this guy from India who was bad mouthing and threatned the President in his posts in some public forum. He is being prosecuted now.

Oh another thing, there are 1000's of people who are stuck for more than 1800 days, not everyone is showing frustation like you in a public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.