Is Amnesty being declared??? Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anxiety_001

:confused: Hi all, :confused:
I heard US Senate has passed the bill for granting green cards to illegal US residents. Is it true??? I also saw news under Immigration News in www.whitehouse.gov saying tht they granted "citizenship" for illegals in US. What does that mean? "citizenship" or "Greencard" Is it true what i understood or is it like they granted citizenship for greencard holders only, but they even specified the word "illegal immigrants". Plz do send some information regarding this issue?

1. This is a family based immigration where people obtain residency through a family member under the current immigration law.
2. There is no such thing to grant citizenship from illegal status. Everybody who apply for citizenship most be FIRST a Legal Permanent Resident and then apply after the respective years for citizenship.
3. There is no such law about grant green cards for illegal aliens signed by the President. The immigration discussion is right now on the Congress, it is on "discussion". There are several bills on discussion including the so called "worker program" and there are others that are more to protect the borders. In general there are many bills on discussion. That is all, just bills on discussion. If a bill is not approved by the two houses (House and Senate= Congress) and signed by the President is just a bill on paper.

As I said this is a family immigration forum is not to discuss illegal immigration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is going to happen before the November elections. If they pass the guest worker prog it will be after the elections.

cherr1980 said:
1. This is a family based immigration where people obtain residency through a family member under the current immigration law.
2. There is no such thing to grant citizenship from illegal status. Everybody who apply for citizenship most be FIRST a Legal Permanent Resident and then apply after the respective years for citizenship.
3. There is no such law about grant green cards for illegal aliens signed by the President. The immigration discussion is right now on the Congress, it is on "discussion". There are several bills on discussion including the so called "worker program" and there are others that are more to protect the borders. In general there are many bills on discussion. That is all, just bills on discussion. If a bill is not approved by the two houses (House and Senate= Congress) and signed by the President is just a bill on paper.

As I said this is a family immigration forum is not to discuss illegal immigration.

President George W. Bush won't sign in to law such an "amnesty" ;)
Until another President may come in Office and sign this bad joke law, the illegals can bark how much they want on the streets Los Angeles and elsewhere
:D

And yes: This is a family immigration forum in not to discuss illegal immigration :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with asking!

May be I should not do this! But I think it was very rude the way you... Cherr and and specially Suzy answer to our friend Anxiety, perhaps you don't know what is to be and ilegal alien in this country.
It is true this is not a discuss ilegal immigration forum, but I do not see nothing wrong with asking a question that for sure he is very anxious to get an answer and he or she felt identify with this forum.
I think that sometimes you should touch your heart and try to be in the other person shoes for just a moment.

Mona25 said:
May be I should not do this! But I think it was very rude the way you... Cherr and and specially Suzy answer to our friend Anxiety, perhaps you don't know what is to be and ilegal alien in this country.
It is true this is not a discuss ilegal immigration forum, but I do not see nothing wrong with asking a question that for sure he is very anxious to get an answer and he or she felt identify with this forum.
I think that sometimes you should touch your heart and try to be in the other person shoes for just a moment.

I'm not commenting on what you said, cause I can see you have good intentions despite the fact I think you're wrong.
I just want to say that I know how it is to be LEGAL HERE and wait 15+ years to become a citizen.
Why lawbreakers (ILLEGALS) should get a free ride ahead of the law obeying LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who wait and suffer for years
:confused:

Like being an illegal is not painfully enough!
You know what! As you think I am wrong, I think you are totally wrong too!

That we were rude? To look at your count of posts make me think that you have no clue how we answer over here. We think that everybody is an adult and everybody has the right to ask and answer question in the best way, even with jokes (if you don't get why Suzy puts the emoticons is to make things not so seriously and funny, if you don't like it don't pay attention to it then) AND if you have been read my posts before probably understand that I am a very straight forward person when answers are given. And again as I said THIS FORUM (Family based through marriage or a relative) IS NOT about illegal immigration. So what is the rude about it?
When people from employment based make question over here most of the time people say "hey I think you should post on the other forum" and nobody gets offended.

Second, to say and explain how laws are made in this country actually is a source of information. The person who post here did not read well what the guest worker program is about and did not read what at the www.whitehouse.gov states about it. There is a misunderstanding when officials use the word citizenship...they say "a path to citizenship" Means that you become FIRST a LPR and then await for citizenship, that is the law is written. Is totaly different of what he/she was referring to. I did not clear and put an entire answer about it (like now) since this is not the forum to do so and as you see now I am taking more lines that I want to. Although I clarify him/her any doubt that the person had about what is asking for, that there NO law about grant legal status to illegal aliens in this country. There are many bills, if you don't know what is a bill please go to the respective site or make a google search.

Many of the things that people post here can be found with a simple google search if they prefer they can ask and many people will answer in different way. Some use "oh I am sorry to hear that". I am not that type. I am not sorry, why I should use that word, instead I was straight and went to the point, if that was wrong? NO. If that was a wrong information, NO. So why I am rude, because I cannot answer they way you want to hear it? So what will be the "good" way to say things? This is internet, you have no clue how I am saying things if I say it to you in person, so please don't tell me that I am rude when you even did not answer the question of the person and we at least did so.

And I don't use emoticons because I have to use the quote instead of the quick reply bottom. And when I use capital letters does not mean that I am yelling.

I exactly answer what he ask!

That is the big problem you think you are so right!
And you do not even know if I knew the answer or not!
I think you are rude because as you see, there is not an existing thread called "Illegal immigration forum" and let me tell you something I can almost assure that more than half of the people, including me, that join this forums were illegals and are becoming legal aliens at the moment.

Thank you very much...
That's all I need to say!

I don't need to touch my heart to be nice I am a nice person I don't have to discuss that with you neither with anybody, this is a public forum. That you are illegaly here or that you feel sorry for the millions of illegal in this country is your right, but you don't have to make us feel like we "must" feel the same way as you. That is our right.

And I keep saying the same that is WHY this forum is not to discuss this issues because then you will be using resources and memory of this website to discuss it when others probably need the same resources for truly and current issues as family based immigration within the current law.

So because there is not a forum about "illegal immigration" then you must put in whatever other forum? You can aks the moderator or the website manager to add a forum about it, did you look under "discussion of the new laws, Dream Act, etc"?

"You think you are so right", yes I am right with the answer given, there is NO law about grant illegal aliens a permanent residency or citizenship. There are bills on discussion on the Congress. I don't understand what are you discussing here!

Good for them then. What you want? As I said is your right to be sorry for them or your own situation, is your right, be happy. Anyway you are applying for GC so what is the deal in here?

I did not say that you did not know the answer, see? you are messing everything. I said and is clearly written that "At least" we did answer, you did not (which is true duh!).

May be I feel that way because not everybody had the opportunity to have the excellent job you had back in your country (excellent for your, and I really mean it) and we have to come here to survive and help our families survive!
I admit I cannot make you think in certain way... NEVER! but I still keep thinking, you are a mean person.

oh really? Just mean? oh oh okay! hahaha.
Just give you a little advice, to attack is not the best way to try to make others understand your point of view. Understand does not mean "agreed" with your point of view and that is call LIFE.

After Aslym cases, Family cases account for biggest number of fradulent applications. Over the years, I came across several people who basically lied and cheated their way in to USA.

So, all saints here, better not express your opinion on undocumented people without even knowing true realities.

And, why can't we discuss illegal immigraion on these boards? This website is run or paid for by a law firm. Don't tell me that immigration lawyers are not salivating over the prospect of providing some sort of legality to undocumented workers? It means a lot of business to them, a lot.

GreenCardVirus said:
After Aslym cases, Family cases account for biggest number of fradulent applications. Over the years, I came across several people who basically lied and cheated their way in to USA.

So, all saints here, better not express your opinion on undocumented people without even knowing true realities.

And, why can't we discuss illegal immigraion on these boards? This website is run or paid for by a law firm. Don't tell me that immigration lawyers are not salivating over the prospect of providing some sort of legality to undocumented workers? It means a lot of business to them, a lot.

Ditto to that. I don't see anything wrong with Mona's question either. As a matter of fact, I asked the same question on another thread. I just wonder if the new bill could speed up things for me. And I AM LEGALLY here.

Mona25 said:
Like being an illegal is not painfully enough!You know what! As you think I am wrong, I think you are totally wrong too!

For the criminals who spend time in jail IS PAINFUL TOO ;)

I don't have any sympathy for those and for any lawbreakers, i.e. ILLEGALS.

You can't break the law and then pretend you're a victim and cry that is painful :rolleyes:

One good thing is coming out of this, people like you makes us aware of how aggressive ILLEGALS are and that all of us, LEGAL RESIDENTS AND AMERICAN CITIZEN we have the duty to fight against ILLEGALS and illegal immigration
;)

Dana2592 said:
Ditto to that. I don't see anything wrong with Mona's question either. As a matter of fact, I asked the same question on another thread. I just wonder if the new bill could speed up things for me. And I AM LEGALLY here.

On the contrary I think it will slowthings down for legal immigrants.
Based on the reports there are atleast 12 million illegals in this country.
there could be more.
So when USCIS gets busy doing thier work permits because it would mean lots of $s for the coffers , your case will be pushed back as you are not the one been given amnesty.
Although I dont see anything wrong with the originals guys question ,but yes it was the wrong question in the wrong place, then again maybe he does not understand how things work here and he could have opened another thread.
Anyways it is bad news for legal immigrants if amnesty goes through.

Mona25 said:
You know what! As you think I am wrong, I think you are totally wrong too!

It's you right to think whatever you want or whatever you're capable of;)

Anyway as my right next time when I go to vote, I'll have you and people like you in mind and I'll make aware as many voters I can about your "pain"...and the PAIN ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS FOR THIS COUNTRY
:eek:

There are many ways to come to this country legally. If someone comes here illegally it's not like he/she was forced into this country or forced to stay. By reading the recent news I realized that most politicians recognize that amnesty is a slap on the face of those who have been here legally for years and wait and wait...I am not sure that someone's assumption that at least 1/2 the people in this forum were here illegally. I'm not one of them and I believe there are many others who prefer doing things the right way even though that might mean years of wait. My 2 cent....

Suzy977 said:

I don't have any sympathy for those and for any lawbreakers, i.e. ILLEGALS.

You can't break the law and then pretend you're a victim and cry that is painful :rolleyes:

Call it self denial, the term legal immigration means nothing more than words to me.

Unless they add "earned immigration" to the current laws, to me, there is not much difference between legal and illegal immigration.

I doubt if most people who become permanent residents actually earn it. They become so by the virtue of where they are born, whether their relatives are US citizens, which state you live or work in, how big or small is your company, how easily you can manipulate the system, how good or bad is your lawyer, how soon your company applies for GC, you timing of application, how common or uncommon is your name, whether luck is in you favour or not.

One might say the system will work eventually, but justice delayed is just denied, life is only so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.