Is Amnesty being declared??? Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am once again requesting, lets drop the topic, lets not discuss it any further. By reading the posts I can sense that some of them are getting pretty irate about the whole issue. So please calm down and let this issue slide.

Thanks and Good Day,

Al_aos said:
Mona , Just for statistics sake the annual remittance of $$ s from the US to Mexico is $ 40 billion so who are they contributing to

Dont worry, America consumes 35% of worlds resources. 40 billion wont put a dent in its lifestyle. The fact that Mexicans send 40 billion back is testimony that they mean good, want to make life good back in their country.

Coming to economics, the additional burden on schools, emergencies, social services due to undocumented workers is nullified when they work for 3$ per hour. The society pays from what it saves.

A legally idealistic scenario in which all 12 million undocumented people are sent back also means dooms day for this country. American life style cannot be sustained without people working in conditions synonymous to abject poverty.

Most importantly, note that there is no Legal way for there people to come in. Can you tell me what type of visas are available and how many??????
Congress is grappling to find a solution, and a solution must found, even if it means lowering the guard of law. Nations do do it when it in exigent circumstances. Nothing wrong with that. Based on the conditions in the south of the border, I would like to treat thest people as refugees. Remember, lot of people DIE trying to come here.

Slap in the face to those who are legally? Yes, only to those who followed every rule in the book, never manipulated or misused the system to their benefit. Rest all, think twice before you criticize illegals.

Whether they give Amnesty or not, they certainly should not do it at the cost of legal applicants like it happened in April 2001. Legal applicants are still living in miserable conditions (emotionally) because they have to wait for these illegals to get cleared.

Gofunky said:
I am using my husband's username, but I am a US born citizen. Honestly I see the argument here as a crabs in the bucket mentality. Though my husband has had to go through much regarding immigration, and I would hate for others to be put in front of him as far as processing, we never look down on illegals.

I tend to agree with another poster who mentioned that the so-called legal methods that many people use to get into the country are nothing more than dressed up illegal immigration. Including coming on an F1, switching to B, and then getting married, or better yet staying in school FOREVER. Coming here under false intentions is illegal, or filing papers under false pretenses whether it can be proven or not is illegal.

Many many many people use savvy lawyers, and every nook and cranny of the system to come here on whatever purpose they can make themselves appear to qualify for.

The one thing that most have in common is that they are seeking a better life for themselves in this country. And that is always a serious situation. I don't begrudge anyone for seeking a better life for their families no matter how they came into the country. These people are working like dogs, living under the table, not to live the high life but to survive and support their families.

The insensitivity shown on this board is amazing. I know plenty of American born citizens who despise you simply for being foreign, and now you despise others for not being quite as savvy with the papers, or having the money to file the papers, or having the TIME to wait to gain legal immigration.

Amazing....

No what's amazing is how you rationalize it. Working the system is not illegal. It's one thing for people to work the system to get what they want. Nothing wrong in that as long as everything they do is legal and varifiable as required. If it were illegal then most lawyers would be locked up for doing just that. Nothing wrong with coming on an F1, switching to B, and then getting married, or staying in school FOREVER. They are not breaking any laws by doing this. And if you aren't aware not everyone that follows that path has deception in mind. There are plenty of career students out there. :) You are trying to make an agrument by making an emotional appeal. Nice but ignores the facts. If you had your way we'd reward the law breakers (illegal immegrant) and punish those of us foolish enough to want to do things with in the system. Sure I am fully aware of the poor conditions many of these people are coming from but still can't condone getting here by any means necessary. I don't care what country you are from. Unless you are a US citizen you don't have a right to a job nor to US citizenship. Unless you are running from opreassion or are in mortal danger of your life if sent back you have no grounds to ask for preferential treatment. Mexicans are not the only group illegally entering our country by the way they are only the largest.

GreenCardVirus said:
Slap in the face to those who are legally? Yes, only to those who followed every rule in the book, never manipulated or misused the system to their benefit. Rest all, think twice before you criticize illegals.

As long as they are considered legal here by the authorities, who are you to say differently :confused: You allege that they manipulated the system :confused: Can you prove it?

Let me ask you this: When you go for an Interview, are you dressing up nicely?
I'm sure you don't dress that way every day and night!
So, that's MANIPULATING THE SYSTEM from your part, playing by rules required by the systems even though you're not that way on you daily basis life ;)

It's a nice attempt from your part to make the ILLEGALS look not so bad, but in fact they are nothing but lawbreakers and shouldn't be rewarded for that
;)

Whether they give Amnesty or not, they certainly should not do it at the cost of legal applicants like it happened in April 2001. Legal applicants are still living in miserable conditions (emotionally) because they have to wait for these illegals to get cleared.

Moreover, the legal immigrants, who obey the laws, pay taxes, pay insurance, etc. are MORE VULNERABLE TO DEPORTATION because they are in the system!

On the other hand the crooks who came here illegally, who don't pay taxes, don't pay for insurance, disobey the laws, are hiding in holes like rats (and multiply like rats too :eek: ) nobody knows who they are, where they are and in top of that they mock this country, the American people and the American laws
:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
goodguysvnr said:
I am once again requesting, lets drop the topic, lets not discuss it any further. By reading the posts I can sense that some of them are getting pretty irate about the whole issue. So please calm down and let this issue slide.

Thanks and Good Day,

Relax, if this thread catches fire, im sure the moderator would hose it down. :)

Mona25 said:
Mean Streak yes!
What's this, you just had an erotic dream?!? Good for you, at least this way you may achieve an orgasm, cause "constipated" the way you are it looks like you don't know what's that :eek:

Hey Mona easy on drugs :D :D :D

Judging by the way you post I believe you are on drugs :eek: :confused:
Take it easy little girl, clean the white powder around you nose and go take a nap...when you wake up, the Universe may not be spinning around you anymore
:D :D

That is what make me laugh, they think that because they supposelly lived all their lifes LEGALY in this country have the world on their hands!
YOU ARE ALSO IMMIGRANTS!!!
POOR YOU WITH YOUR MINDS SO SMALL AND WITH PREJUDICE OF RACISM!!!

No stupid: WE DON'T DISCUSS HERE ABOUT BEING IMMIGRANT OR NOT, WE DISCUSS ABOUT BEING LEGAL OR ILLEGAL!

Everybody in this country (with the exception of the Indians/native Americans) is an immigrant or is from a family of immigrants.
This country is a country of immigrants.
THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE ILLEGAL ONES!!!

You're so stupid and your brain is boiled in drugs that you started talking about things you even don't understand: Where the hell you got the idea of racism here, MISS WOODHEAD??? Do you really know what racism is, STUPID BONEHEAD????

Like I've said before, go back to your drug induced sweet sleep, dream something nice, pink with yellow spots, and hopefully when you wake up you'll see the true colors of REAL life :rolleyes:

anxiety_001 said:
Hi all,
Thankx for all your various replies. And Secondly, Sorry to bother you all by posting the message in the wrong place. I myself dint know how to get the answer. Anyways there was a lot of discussion in the wrong place though everybody was constantly saying such topics should not be discussed here.
To generalize the statement I say : Everybody gets anxiety and everybody does wrong things" What I m ean by saying this is though you know this Forum is for just Family based Greencard Category, still you discussed some other topic. same way though the person knows(other than who just crossed the countries in the nights) he is illegal there should be few things which are forcing him to stay illegal. Everybody does wrong, only difference is that the work, field and intensity is different.
Anyways lets end this topic here. Once again SORRY ALL FOR BOTHERING ...
:)
One more thing, somebody addressed me as illegal, I am not illegal here, I am born in USA and I am a citizen here. It was for my closest friend I was so worried.
Anyways Take Care all,
BBye!!!

You got caught in the crossfire :D

Sorry about this, I for one, I apologize to you.
:)

Nay sayers, I asked a question and I will ask again.

One of the world's most screwed up countries is right next one the world's biggest, richest and most adanced countries. There is no wonder people are literally dying to cross the border.

Now my question, what Visa do you expect these people to come in if they were to come legally ????? And how many are these numbers ???

I am refering to temporary visas for low end jobs that the 12 million do.

If my knowledge is correct, it is 5000.

Unless one has a kin, parent or sibling who is a citizen, unless one finds a citizen who he or she can marry, they cannot make it here by any other means.

If they can't get a visa they can always stay home with their family. All I know is that no matter how bad their situation might be in their home country, I just can't imagine it being worse than being by themselves in another country, living as an outcast, breaking laws in a foreign land that they don't even understand the language.
Now the US is trying to solve the problem about what do do with all of those ppl that are here, I am looking forward to findind out the outcome. But any measure they take won't solve the problem, no matter how many green cards they give away, it will never be enough to fulfill the need of so many foreigners.

GreenCardVirus said:

One of the world's most screwed up countries is right next one the world's biggest, richest and most adanced countries. There is no wonder people are literally dying to cross the border.

Now my question, what Visa do you expect these people to come in if they were to come legally ????? And how many are these numbers ???

Unless one has a kin, parent or sibling who is a citizen, unless one finds a citizen who he or she can marry, they cannot make it here by any other means.

GreenCardVirus said:

I'm not afraid to say it publicly: You, a person I disagree with, have a valid point of view. And what you said is correct. I appreciate it.

Also I have an answer for you, my opinion:

If there is no legal way for them to come here , TOUGH LUCK, they can stay there forever as far as I'm concerned.

And I'll tell you a story: Back in Southern California where I used to live, was (and still is) in Beverly Hills a Rolls Royce dealer. In the showroom it was exposed a beautiful "RR" at the "discount" price of $570.000. I've passed by few times and admired that car, along with other average, normal people like me. None of us , brook the window in the night to take the car, because obviously we didn't have the proper "visa"($$$) to access that "world", and most of us, probably, never will.

Not getting/having what you want, doesn't give you a license to break the law ;)

...and for poor people, in lower position that was always called "discrimination" and "unfairness"...this is the way the communist doctrine first seen the light of the day :eek: :eek:

ari4u said:
Relax, if this thread catches fire, im sure the moderator would hose it down. :)

Yeah, tell them Ari ;)
You take a cold shower every other hour, and look at you how cool you are
:cool: :D :p

Here in El Paso, on the Mexican boarder, I've witnessed first hand some demonstration regarding the immigration debate. What strikes me is the flag these people were proudly holding. And sadly, it is not our flag: the Stars and Stripes. Witness for yourself:

http://cmsimg.elpasotimes.com/apps/...ategori=NEWS&Lopenr=603300329&Ref=AR&MaxW=290
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00001.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00002.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00003.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00004.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img0000b.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img0000d.jpg

Our flag will be there.

Maybe we should all chant:
O say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Publicus said:
Here in El Paso, on the Mexican boarder, I've witnessed first hand some demonstration regarding the immigration debate. What strikes me is the flag these people were proudly holding. And sadly, it is not our flag: the Stars and Stripes. Witness for yourself:

http://cmsimg.elpasotimes.com/apps/...ategori=NEWS&Lopenr=603300329&Ref=AR&MaxW=290
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00001.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00002.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00003.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img00004.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img0000b.jpg
http://www.elpasotimes.com/legacy/photogalleries2/walkouts/img0000d.jpg
QUOTE]

Yes those are the "poor" illegals who "deserve" an Amnesty :eek:

Those are the people who want to jump in front of all the law obeying immigrants who play by the rule and wait in line for years
:rolleyes:

Hell Suzy, don't you go to sleep GIRL!!!:D Come on confess, weren't you an Illegal Alien once you boarder-jumper...:D

Suzy you sneaky chick... :D

To Suzzy

Suzzy,

I've been reading through your comments (especially those against mona), and I have to say I really disagree with your point of view and supporting logic... Thought I'd go ahead and reply in one post...

"President George W. Bush won't sign in to law such an "amnesty" "

GW is against amnesty publicly because that is the safest political position to have publicly. This does not mean that his private position is the same (same as going to war with iraq, publicly war was stated to be the last option, but as we now know it was his agenda privately to do so all along). Being that GW has never vetoed a bill, and is politically at odds with those who oppose this legislation, it is highly doubtful that he would veto this bill if it were sent to him.

"...[AS] LEGAL RESIDENTS AND AMERICAN CITIZEN we have the duty to fight against ILLEGALS and illegal immigration"

Where did you read about this duty? It seems to be that your "duty" is predicated on your own personal struggle to become a naturalized citizen. You fail to show empathy for your fellow man, and his misfortune. There are plenty of Americans who believe that NO NATURALIZATION SHOULD EXIST. What do you say to them?

"None of us , brook the window in the night to take the car, because obviously we didn't have the proper "visa"($$$) to access that "world", and most of us, probably, never will.

Not getting/having what you want, doesn't give you a license to break the law "

Once again your argument relies on oversimplification. The fact is that there is a big difference between staying here illegally and stealing a car, just like there is a big difference between getting a speeding ticket and stealing a car. Speeding is breaking the law, I shouldn't do it, but just because I make the mistake, it doesn't mean that I should have my license taken away. MOREOVER, just so it is clear, many "illegals" don't come to this country looking for Rolls Royces, they come because they want better for their families than they were given. The fact is that the immigration system in this country is flawed and that many people who are in desperate situations are given the choice between famine and disease, or crossing an imaginary line to at least be given a chance at a better life (even though that chance is some of the hardest work imaginable). If in your mind that is a crime, then I feel sorry for you.

Personally, I believe there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before blanket immunity is given to illegal immigrants, but I do know that the country would not function the same without them. The dirty truth here is that the US does silently want and need illegal immigrants. Business want cheap labor that is willing to do the things many Americans are not willing to do. Illegal immigrants are the one's who do the dirty and often dangerous jobs that keep the American society moving as we know it.

The fact is that the argument of legality is weak, and you can see this fact in the solutions being proposed to the problem. Each solution, migrant worker program, amnesty, whatever; each of them essentially wipes the "crime" of illegal immigration clean. Yes some would require a fine, and some would require the immigrants to leave the country before coming back, but all that I have seen would forgive the past "crime." In truth, illegal immigration is a speeding ticket type offense when the context of an individual's life is taken into account. The world is not black and white, you cannot divide issues purely between right and wrong, instead you need to understand that everyone is not as fortunate as you. There was a time when this country called out to the world, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" This country was founded on empathy, and as a new citizen I think that you should take the time to consider that.

Clearly the American public is divided about this issue. These people have been CITIZENS a lot longer than you and have opinions far different from yours. So I would be careful about using words like "duty" and speaking so forcefully when representing the CITIZENS of this country.

What makes your argument weak is that you speak down to people, and hide behind your own legal status. Maybe what you should do is treat everyone here as your equal, regardless of their background, instead of acting as if citizenship gives you some authority that the rest of us do not share.

Publicus said:
Hell Suzy, don't you go to sleep GIRL!!!:D Come on confess, weren't you an Illegal Alien once you boarder-jumper...:D

Suzy you sneaky chick... :D

I have never jumped the border and I have never been illegal

And maybe you too, like Ari, should take a cold shower once every hour :D :D :D

Suzy977 said:
I have never jumped the border and I have never been illegal

And maybe you too, like Ari, should take a could shower once every hour :D :D :D

What is a COULD SHOWER. :confused: Please what is a COULD SHOWER? I wanna know...now...please

One more thing, I rarely (if never) read comments and messages that are longer than five lines. That's why I never understood JohhnyCash. :confused: On the other hand, Suzy's colorful and sexy comments are always read. :D

Publicus said:
What is a COULD SHOWER. :confused: Please what is a COULD SHOWER? I wanna know...now...please

It was a typo moron, if you want me to chase every mistake you make, you got it ;)

...I have to argue with these "pro bono" advocates of illegal immigration, so I don't have time for you now :eek:

Suzy977 said:
It was a typo moron, if you want me to chase every mistake you make, you got it ;)

...I have to argue with these "pro bono" advocates of illegal immigration, so I don't have time for you now :eek:

What you need to do is get laid... :D Relax, have some fun, life is too short.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.