IRS only providing Tax Transcripts of Past 3 years not 5 years

bhartiya_12

Registered Users (C)
I have my USC interview next week. I have my tax returns for past 5 years with me. I also got transcripts for past 3 years from IRS and they said they don't have transcripts before 2005 so I could not get transcripts for 2004, 2003.

Will this be a problem?

I have my USC interview next week. I have my tax returns for past 5 years with me. I also got transcripts for past 3 years from IRS and they said they don't have transcripts before 2005 so I could not get transcripts for 2004, 2003.

Will this be a problem?

Hmmm - last year I got transcripts for 5 years without any problem. I just keyed in the years on their automated system by calling. Maybe they have changed things now.

Else you may be able to request the transcript for the earlier years by filling the request form and mailing it. I forget the name of the form.

AP

That option is for people who file quarterly to get more than 4 periods.

This is what 4506-T says

"Return Transcript, which includes most of the line items of a tax return as filed with the IRS. Transcripts are only available for
the following returns: Form 1040 series, Form 1065, Form 1120, Form 1120A, Form 1120H, Form 1120L, and Form 1120S.
Return transcripts are available for the current year and returns processed during the prior 3 processing years. Most requests
will be processed within 10 business days"

Go to local IRS office and tell them u need account record for last 5 years. Account record is similar to tax transcript and it gives proves that u do not owe any thing to IRS during any of the years...

While u r at it, as him to give your the transcripts for first two years (since u have the last 3 years transcripts already). You may be luck, and he might give it to you, or he may suggest some alternative solution. that is what happened to me.

All the best.

If your interview is next week, take what you have. For years that you do not have transcripts...take copies of your own tax return. If the IO is not happy with that...ask for more time to produce transcripts....

Is your N-400 Marriage based - Then atleast take the copies of your returns from the first 2 years...

If it is employment based - where you had only 1 or 2 jobs in the past 5 years - Most likely you will not need the tax transcripts