Irony of ironies: Got approval on 8/19: The day we flew out of country

dma_va

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I and my family got to know the AVM has updated our status (RD:8/9, ND:9/28) to approval on 8/19 (the day we flew out of USA!!!! Phew). Now, I am back and found the Courtsey letters for self and spouse in the mail. For the kid, we got the GC itself in the mail.

I shall be going for stamping at Arlington, VA.

Questions (please answer): Courtsey letter says to bring:

i)Passport
ii)The Letter
iii)Arrival/ Departure Records
iv)I-94
v)Two ADIT style photographs

Question 1: Now, what is Arrival/Departure Records (is it stamped Adavnce Parole document that I got atb POE yesterday or something else)?

Question 2: If they don't accpet the photographs that I am carrying with me, is there some place nearby at Arlington Office where I can get these taken again?

Question 3: What is the parking info., if anybody knows, at this office?

Question 4: How good or bad an idea is it to go tommorow (it being 9/11) from traffic/office open etc. standpoints?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, you got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Another veteran got approved (after ric2). Looks like a good fortune for old timers on this portal!!!!!!!!

Congratz!

BTW, I see no irony. Just a bit of coincidence that you got your approval the day you left on your vacation. Think about it this way: What a treat to come back to!!!! ;)

dma_va

First of all congratulations.

Arrival/ Departure Records : is the one stapled in your passport (I-94), given at the port of entry into US.

I-94 : is the right part of the lower portion of the 1st page of your H1 or H4 Visa.

If you have the ADIT style photos, they are okay. I don't think there will be any problem. In my picture there is a little shadow one picture, to the side of left chin. Still they accepted.

By the way my case was also approved on Aug 26th and stamped in NC on sept 5th. Hence I know the above two. Initially I also got confused.

Good luck.

Congrats ....

Congrats and best wishes. Hope you had a nice break and wonderful news on arrival!

Arrival/Departure records - All I-94's - ones expired/not expired stapled on the PP and any new ones which came along with H1/H4.

And yeah, you would have to give them the EAD/AP's - you don't need them any more!

Can't really help you with other q's since I'm not local.

Fire: EAD Expires and Local office rejects temp EAD

I applied for renewal of my EAD 7/1/02 and haven't received approval and my current one is expiring in a month. The local office refuses to give temp EAD saying after 9/11, they no longer give out temp EAD. Is that true? What can I do at this point? Can I go to the district office instead? (e.g. Philadelphia District office overseeing DE, PA and WV?)

Congratulations Buddy

Good to hear about your and ric2's approval on the same day. It feels like a preview of what I will feel one day (Soon; Hopefully).

My best wishes to you and your family.

Congrats!
Parking.
If you go early morning you can park at road side meter parking.
pay 5cents for each 7/8 minutes. or if you prefer to park in the private parking it is $8 per day and $4 for the first hour

Photo.
The road next to ballston station and across hechts there is immigration photo shop ( Across street bank of america) ran by a desi, tell him photos for Green card stamping he will take care of the rest he charegs $9 for 2 copies of the photo.

DMA_VA

There is a photo shop in the ground floor of the INS office.They open at6.30 or 7am and they let us inside ins at 7.30am so if you are standing in the line with your wife, you can go get the photos and then let your wife go and take the photos and come back and stand in the line. they also have coffee,snacks etc in the shop.I think 10$ for 2 photos.

atleast 3 pairs of desi's did so when i went for stamping.

There is a parking garage which opens at 7AM next door and it is 5$ for early parking for the whole day but i guess you will be out by 9am. The metered parking starts from 7am on the streets but the maximum you can pay is for one hour or two hours so i would suggest you go around 6am park in the metered parking on the street stand in the line for sometime and then take your photos, have coffee by then the time would be around 7am so go next door park the car and come back and join the line.

Good luck,

sambandam123

Congrats dma_va!!!

After a long wait, you finally got what you deserve. We hope you continue posting here though. Best wishes!!!