Irony of ironies: Got approval on 8/19: The day we flew out of country

how was your expereince at PORT of Entry

Can you please post your exeperince at port of entry as you traveled on AP and your 485 go approved while you were away.
As i am planning to travel in similar situation.

Thanks a lot

gn123,

At POE (Dulles), I was asked to go in a separate room for SEcondary Inspection. There were ~20 more people. Waited for nearly an hour (due to officer working very slow). And he stamped my AP in 2 seconds and gave to me.

As an aside,

It's another matter, that I was the last person on my flight to pick my baggage (1 of 2). The 2nd bag reached home a day later with broken zipper.

Thanks y'all guys n' gals for ur wishes,

A quick update.

Got the passport stamped for 1 year yesterday at Arlington, VA. The whole process took two hours including waiting time (actually, time spent with the officer at the counter was less than 10 minutes).

The only pain in the butt (though miniscule compared to long GC wait) was 175miles one way up North drive to Arlington.

Left home at 3.45 in the morning and wading thru the 6.30AM DC traffic on I-66, was at the INS office by 7.15AM.

GL to you.
and tha pain in you butt is worth it.

i had a serious exam on the day of the interview, i think it is worth it when you finally get something important with lot of troubles/problems/sacrifices etc.............

have fun

I have a problem here.

Guys,
Some of you told that arrival\departure record means EXPIRED\NON-EXPIRED I-94s. I never stored the old ones. How can I get them ? I entered USA 5 times so far. I have only the lates I-94. What should I do now.
Thanks In Advance.

I guess they must have the last I-94 (issed at the POE) and last one issed thru your employer. They don't care (to my knowledge) for the past ones. I didn't have all my past ones (only 2 out of 3), but they didn't even ask for those.

i think when u leave country they collect old i-94 and when you
re-enter they give u a new thats what i know.
we should have only the last i-94.