IR5 entry from India for parents

CURRENT OPERATIONAL STATUS

The U.S. Consulate General Mumbai is only able to provide essential services to U.S. citizens and limited visa services until further notice due to the second wave of the spread of COVID-19 and its variants.

Accordingly, some scheduled appointments – for both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas – will be cancelled. The Consulate will notify applicants directly by email regarding appointment cancellations and is unable to speculate on or respond to inquiries regarding potential future cancellations or appointment availability.

Applicants who have not been notified that their appointment has been cancelled should plan to attend their interview appointment on the scheduled date and time.

We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. A phased resumption of routine services will be on a post-by-post basis, in accordance with the State Department’s framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. As local conditions improve and we are able to increase visa services in a manner that keeps both our staff and customers safe, we will advise the public. You can read more about the phased resumption of routine visa services as local conditions improve at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news.html.
Thanks SD29. I'm aware of what they have posted on their website. Starting today June 7th they are open. So hope to see more updates on people who were successful in attending an interview in Mumbai Consulate.

I'm not too optimistic on US consulate calling candidates back in a timely manner for an interview who were cancelled back in April/May this year.

has anbody been issued a renewal against expired cat. IR-5 visa I551?
Any update about renewal of Cat. IR-5 expired Visa I-551

My parents visa expired last year May 2020. In my yesterday's attempt of inquiring with ustravelsdocs by email regarding reissue of expired visa, got standard reply with no mention of IR5.

CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance of their Immigrant Visa will need to......

I wish embassy/ustraveldocs had some transparency on process. on what criteria they are sending email invitation for appointments.

Just a thought, how important is it to have IR5 in ustravel docs email? I mean when I try to schedule on ustraveldocs site they do have IR5 enabled.

has anybody tried scheduling appointment without receiving email communication from ustravelsdocs without IR5 mentioned in the email.

Just a thought, how important is it to have IR5 in ustravel docs email? I mean when I try to schedule on ustraveldocs site they do have IR5 enabled.

has anybody tried scheduling appointment without receiving email communication from ustravelsdocs without IR5 mentioned in the email.
In the same situation. Most recent response from support@usatraveldocs says "CR1/2 and IR1/2 applicant’s applying for re-issuance of their Immigrant Visa will need to log in to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in and select “Consulate Appointments”" and at the bottom says "Note : Any update regarding the IR5 visa category you will be communicated."

Even if you secure consulate appointment, you will need to make medical appointment and they were not able to schedule medical unless consulate opens the case so clinic will be able to send results electronically to the consulate.

It expired in may 2020. Ceac website did not let me edit a submitted form, I contacted US traveldocs and there were no help. USCIS website says once submitted only US embassy can reopen.

It expired in may 2020. Ceac website did not let me edit a submitted form, I contacted US traveldocs and there were no help. USCIS website says once submitted only US embassy can reopen.
Based upon what I have read from others, my guess is once consulate opens your case for renewal, you select 'consulate appointment', schedule medical exam and then at some point they will open and ask you to update DS-260 older than a year.
Have you heard anything from suport@usatraveldocs recently?

Based upon what I have read from others, my guess is once consulate opens your case for renewal, you select 'consulate appointment', schedule medical exam and then at some point they will open and ask you to update DS-260 older than a year.
Have you heard anything from suport@usatraveldocs recently?
when consulate closed in April 2021, they had mentioned in one of their notifications that we don;t have to wait for communication from them to schedule appointment. Also if you resubmit 260, the confirmation # will change, which means you would have to rebook appointment, it seems like the chicken-egg question.

did you have to update ds260 or was the ds260 less than an yr old?
My parent's IR5 expired in July 2020, so waiting to hear back from the consulate.
You had previously scheduled 'Consulate Appointment' that got cancelled due to 2nd covid wave and they sent you email in April 2021? Could you share what it says exactly?

I was able to take an appointment for July 7th. Appointment email states to update DS-260 if it a year old. However, I am unable to edit DS-260 on the site. let me know if anyone had the same issue. sending an email to ustraveldocs might not help.

I was able to take an appointment for July 7th. Appointment email states to update DS-260 if it a year old. However, I am unable to edit DS-260 on the site. let me know if anyone had the same issue. sending an email to ustraveldocs might not help.
If I recall, your IR5 expired in May 2020?
Were you also able to schedule the medical exam?

My parent's IR5 expired in July 2020, so waiting to hear back from the consulate.
You had previously scheduled 'Consulate Appointment' that got cancelled due to 2nd covid wave and they sent you email in April 2021? Could you share what it says exactly?

same here..i even pinged the consulate in facebook message and got no response

If I recall, your IR5 expired in May 2020?
Were you also able to schedule the medical exam?
Yep, expired in May 2020. Medical exam scheduling is still in progress, releclinic asking to provide DS 260 so am trying to use the old one.
Got an appt for PCC. Will keep trying to see if i can update DS 260.

Yep, expired in May 2020. Medical exam scheduling is still in progress, releclinic asking to provide DS 260 so am trying to use the old one.
Got an appt for PCC. Will keep trying to see if i can update DS 260.
Are you able to schedule appointment with releclinic by showing them consulate appointment confirmation? They could not schedule it for us saying that the case is not open for releclinic to submit records electronically to the consulate. Let us know how this process works.