IR5 entry from India for parents

I have scheduled an appt for expired IR5 visa at mumbai consulate for June 20th. Will ask for parents to get an updated PCC and Medical reports but do we need an updated DS 260? How do i pay $325 fees?
Per email: DS 260 confirmation page + $325 equivalent (paid in cash there) + DS 260 confirmation page + Two recent photographs (2 x 2 inches)
+ Updated Medical Report + Updated PCC

When was IR5 expired?
Did you get email asking to make the IR5 renewal appointment?

Per email: DS 260 confirmation page + $325 equivalent (paid in cash there) + DS 260 confirmation page + Two recent photographs (2 x 2 inches)
+ Updated Medical Report + Updated PCC

When was IR5 expired?
Did you get email asking to make the IR5 renewal appointment?
Visa expired in May 2020. kinda yes, recd an email from us-support india to schedule an appointment when I enquired about next steps. Would DS 260 confirmation page from last year when the actual visa was issued/approved work or do we need a new DS 260 confirmation page?

Visa expired in May 2020. kinda yes, recd an email from us-support india to schedule an appointment when I enquired about next steps. Would DS 260 confirmation page from last year when the actual visa was issued/approved work or do we need a new DS 260 confirmation page?
This is a standard message I keep getting (note without "IR5" listed in the email). So I assume they need DS 260 confirmation page.
What email response did you get?
1620149737567.png

IR5 Immigrant visa reissued on April 17th 2021, does the latest proclamation by the President of USA prevent me from travelling

IR5 Immigrant visa reissued on April 17th 2021, does the latest proclamation by the President of USA prevent me from travelling
"Immigrants, U.S. citizens, and lawful permanent residents (LPR) are not subject to the proclamation."
You should be able to as valid IR5 'immigrant' visa holder with RT PCR test.
When was your previous IR5 expired?
When did you get it renewed?

Similar email with 'IR5' in it.
When did you schedule June 20th appointment? I have not seen any open slots in recent days.
I cancelled the appt. as realized I had selected an incorrect option. True no open slots available. I'll keep checking every few days.

Hello, I am on a similar boat here. My parents immigrant visa (IR5) expired in May 2020 because they couldn't travel due to the pandemic. I have emailed the US consulate multiple times and always get a standard response from them on IR1/IR2 category reissuance. I have the following questions. Can someone please help.
1. Is Mumbai consulate open to reissue an expired IR5 category visa?
2. If yes, are we supposed to get an email from the consulate to book an appointment for reissuance? What documents we need?
3. When my parents got their first IR5 visa, they showed DS260 confirmation page for getting the medical exam done. What should they show now for the medical exam?
4. My parents live in Delhi and the US consulate for this visa category (IR5) is in Mumbai. I am really not comfortable that my parents travel to Mumbai at this time. Is there a way that we submit all documents and fees online/mail and get this visa reissued and sent back by mail?

I will really appreciate if someone can provide any information on this. Thanks so much!

Hello, I am on a similar boat here. My parents immigrant visa (IR5) expired in May 2020 because they couldn't travel due to the pandemic. I have emailed the US consulate multiple times and always get a standard response from them on IR1/IR2 category reissuance. I have the following questions. Can someone please help.
1. Is Mumbai consulate open to reissue an expired IR5 category visa?
2. If yes, are we supposed to get an email from the consulate to book an appointment for reissuance? What documents we need?
3. When my parents got their first IR5 visa, they showed DS260 confirmation page for getting the medical exam done. What should they show now for the medical exam?
4. My parents live in Delhi and the US consulate for this visa category (IR5) is in Mumbai. I am really not comfortable that my parents travel to Mumbai at this time. Is there a way that we submit all documents and fees online/mail and get this visa reissued and sent back by mail?

I will really appreciate if someone can provide any information on this. Thanks so much!
@sampat1 , @HoytPwd , @GOPAL Chari , I am sure you have some relevant information. Can you please respond to my message. Thanks.

@sampat1 , @HoytPwd , @GOPAL Chari , I am sure you have some relevant information. Can you please respond to my message. Thanks.
I know of IR issuance/re-issuance only at Mumbai after in-person interview but that also is paused due to current covid situation.
Just have to wait until they resume IR issuance, check occasionally with usatraveldocs support and follow their instructions.

Did you receive notification from consulate to schedule the IR5 renewal appointment?
There is another issue, I would like to share & request feedback/ response. IR5 interview ( my wife) on ,25th Feb ,2020, at Mumbai. The officer wanted two more docs to be uploaded & use the Dropbox facility after getting appointment from VAC, no more interview, comes under 221(g) Ever since March 2020 everything was shut + proclamation 10014, on Feb 21st this year I rec'd a rejection letter from the Adjudicator , on convincing reply they wrote to me saying my application is reinstated & it will take a few business days to update, this was in March 20th, till date the status shows REFUSED ,last updated on April 21st, my question is ,is it because of shortage of staff,/ near total closure due Mumbai restrictions or heavy back log. Regards. CHARI

Does anyone here know if Consulate has started IR5 processing again?
I heard the Consulate has opened in June; but would like to know if they have started processing any and if so around which dates are they currently processing.

search for Immigrant Visa Backlog Q&A on youtube. US department of State has released a video with all the stats and explanations. The video was released 1 week ago.
Hope it helps

Anyone have had interviews recently at Mumbai ? My parents interview scheduled for June 17. Don't know if it will be cancelled or not. Keeping fingers crossed

Anyone have had interviews recently at Mumbai ? My parents interview scheduled for June 17. Don't know if it will be cancelled or not. Keeping fingers crossed
CURRENT OPERATIONAL STATUS

The U.S. Consulate General Mumbai is only able to provide essential services to U.S. citizens and limited visa services until further notice due to the second wave of the spread of COVID-19 and its variants.

Accordingly, some scheduled appointments – for both immigrant and nonimmigrant visas – will be cancelled. The Consulate will notify applicants directly by email regarding appointment cancellations and is unable to speculate on or respond to inquiries regarding potential future cancellations or appointment availability.

Applicants who have not been notified that their appointment has been cancelled should plan to attend their interview appointment on the scheduled date and time.

We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. A phased resumption of routine services will be on a post-by-post basis, in accordance with the State Department’s framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. As local conditions improve and we are able to increase visa services in a manner that keeps both our staff and customers safe, we will advise the public. You can read more about the phased resumption of routine visa services as local conditions improve at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news.html.