Inviting Relative to Visit USA

eljay

Registered Users (C)
I am now GC holder through asylum. My rother in law lives in Japan. (He is a Sri Lankan citizen married with japanes girl). Is there any way to get visit visa for him to come to USA for a short visit.
If I send a gurrentee latter for accomodation or an invitation to him, will it works? or what should I can do for him to help him to get his visa from US embassy.
Had any asylee GC holder has this kind of situation? Any of you brought your perants or relatives to USA as a visitor?
Urgent reply requested?
Thanks.

Japanes

When is he getting his Japanese citizenship? If he has that already, he should have absolutely no problem travelling with Japanese passport. Japanese passport is hard to get and is pretty powerful. If I'm not mistaken Japan is one of the country that has VWP (Visa Waiver Program) with USA at least for short trips visit.

He came to japan about 7 years ago. Then he got married japanes. If I am correct japanes dont give Japanes pasports to forigners but PR stamp. He got that. But Sri Lankan Passport. He has traveled to defferant countries during past 6-7 years. But he applied to get visa to come to USA (Without any latter from me) about 5 years ago. and they refuced. They told you are new to Japan , apply later. Now almost 5 year gone.
Is it better to applu for a visitor's visa by him self? (With out a latter from me)
Thanks.

A letter or affidavit of support from you WILL NOT HELP. The reason is that the applicant has to qualify for the tourist visa by herself. Besides, US consulates will not even see the letter of affidavit of support.

In personal experience, my mother has tried a few times to bring my grandmother but all unsuscessfull. We are just waiting for my mother to be a US citizen so she can petition her, so she can just visit us.

Good luck,

I dont think they will deny her this time. She has been living in Japan many years now, and she is marry with a japanese... I dont think they will deny her this time....

I am now GC holder through asylum. My rother in law lives in Japan. (He is a Sri Lankan citizen married with japanes girl). Is there any way to get visit visa for him to come to USA for a short visit.
If I send a gurrentee latter for accomodation or an invitation to him, will it works? or what should I can do for him to help him to get his visa from US embassy.
Had any asylee GC holder has this kind of situation? Any of you brought your perants or relatives to USA as a visitor?
Urgent reply requested?
Thanks.

Don't make things complicated. I follow the KISS(Keep it simple stupid) model. My sister and parents applied for visitor visa from the U.S. consulate in Kenya. All they did was go to the consulate, fill the application form and answer the interview questions. They got a five year multiple entry visa. My sister came and went back without any problems. She just recently just came back on a H-4 visa and getting the visa was not a problem.