Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

Another one or half year ?!!!!

They must be crazy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information. I think we should contact our senators and ask them for help.

--YLB2

Is there a number to call Boston office?

We were interviewed in July. The guy said the name check was pending but I would receive my approval notice within a month.

Contacted Kennedy's office but not very helpful. (They are the same goveronment!)

I called National Service Center today. The lady took our case information and told me that my local office would mail the status information to me in 3-4 weeks.

I tried the Boston office number listed on the transfer notice but no one answered.

Do you guys know a Boston number?
What else can we do?

RD: 12/07/2001---VSC
ND: 12/17/2001
FP1: 7/14/2002
TD: 6/1?/2003---Boston
ID:7/21/2003:( :(

YLB2:

Any new information from yours? Will you call the senator's office?

I will do that this week when I wait over two years.

Best

Originally posted by YLB2
Hi sp2sgi,

Did you try to visit Boston BCIS again ?

Thanks,
YLB2.

sp2sgi

I decided to wait the approval of the 3rd EAD. I thought it might trigger the revisiting of the “forgotten” I-485 application as well. If EAD is not approved within the promised 90 days (that is January 6), I will go to the Boston BCIS to check the statuses of both: EAD and I-485. Then I will contact either a Congressmen or a Senator.

Best,
YLB2.

Re: sp2sgi

Happy new year, YLB2.

Have you got the renewed EAD?

Originally posted by YLB2
I decided to wait the approval of the 3rd EAD. I thought it might trigger the revisiting of the “forgotten?I-485 application as well. If EAD is not approved within the promised 90 days (that is January 6), I will go to the Boston BCIS to check the statuses of both: EAD and I-485. Then I will contact either a Congressmen or a Senator.

Best,
YLB2.

Folks,

To all those who didn't get the I-485 approval letter on whatever ground such as INS didn't recieve the security check results, they ran out of visa numbers etc etc.

What happens if either your H1 visa or EAD expires during this time because it's taking so long for INS to send you approval letter. Do they atleast continue to approve your EAD so atleast you can keep working ?

Re: Approved!!! --- Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

Last news:

I just got letters from boston BCIS and said our I485 got approved in the last date of 2003!

Thanks, my god! Wish you all luck this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Approved!!! --- Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

Originally posted by sp2sgi
Last news:

I just got letters from boston BCIS and said we got approved in the last date of 2003!

Thanks, my god! Wish you all luck this year!

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also got approved in the last date of 2003... for our EADs!

YLB2

Is it normal for an NIW case being transferred to Bostom local office for interview?

I was notified that my I-485 application has been transferred to Boston local office to be scheduled for interview. My I-485 application is based on NIW. It is said that it is very rare for an NIW case being interviewed. I really feel very nervous about it. Looks like your case was also NIW, do you know why your case was transferred? And what kind of question were you asked? Thanks in advance

It is said that it is very rare for an NIW case being interviewed.

In past three years or so, I haven't heard any NIW case approved without interview. Typically, interviews are not tough. I don't have personal experience yet, but people report that they ask basic qquestions about employment, pay stubs, marriage, etc. and if you have job in the same area, nothing to worry about too much.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Jigesh, thanks for your quick reply. Did you ever heard anyone being interviewed was denied after the interview? My working area is related to the claimed area, but not exactly the same(I changed the field more than 1 year after I filed my I-485). It is a pity that I can't find anybody I know was interviwed after filing I-485. Can you please talk more about it at your convenience?

Originally posted by jigesh
In past three years or so, I haven't heard any NIW case approved without interview. Typically, interviews are not tough. I don't have personal experience yet, but people report that they ask basic qquestions about employment, pay stubs, marriage, etc. and if you have job in the same area, nothing to worry about too much.

Did you ever heard anyone being interviewed was denied after the interview?

No, I haven't. Obviously, that doesn't mean it never happened.

My working area is related to the claimed area, but not exactly the same(I changed the field more than 1 year after I filed my I-485).

Should be OK in my view.

It is a pity that I can't find anybody I know was interviwed after filing I-485. Can you please talk more about it at your convenience?

I am also looking for the similar information. NIW cases are not too many (atleast on this forum). And after approval/interview, people are not always generous enough to post the experience/details. Recently, fikabir (NIW case) got approved after interview and he posted his details. You can search by his name. Same about few others - you can search by "NIW" keyword.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

sp2sgi, congratulation!!!!

I did see tunnel light from your case. My interview was done 4 monthes ago in Boston, I hope to be luck like you soon.

GCQ:) :p :mad:

Re: sp2sgi, congratulation!!!!

Hi GCQ, Can you tell me what is the result of your interview at Boston 4 months ago? What did the officer say about it? Thank.

Originally posted by GCQ
I did see tunnel light from your case. My interview was done 4 monthes ago in Boston, I hope to be luck like you soon.

Re: sp2sgi, congratulation!!!!

Hi GCQ, Can you tell me what is the result of your interview at Boston 4 months ago? What did the officer say about it? Thank.

Originally posted by GCQ

Approved, Finally

I received approval letter, and it is finally over. Good Luck to all you guys. Hang on, never give up, your time will come soon.

GCQ

congratulations

may I ask you a question?
are you at the same job or have you changed jobs. whats was your rd, td and id.
Thank you for the help.