Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

Question for Venyk

Hey friend:
>>Finally i received gc approvel letter after 3 months of interview.Followup with INS finally worked out well.
Did you make inquiry to INS? or contacted senator?
I had my interview 6/30, but no approval yet.
My EAD expired in August, so I went to Boston office again to renew it, but was told that my case was closed and sent to the retirement department. But IIO said that it must be a mistake and a week later issued renewed EAD and said that he requested the file back from the retirement department.
So I'm triing to find out how I can make request what is going on now with my case.
Your help is appreciated.
Goga
RD 10/17/2001
ID 6/30/2003

Opened inquiry at Boston INS and my lawyer sent letter to INS asking about the case. Looks like both worked.

I am still waiting for over 3 months after interview. Anyone knows the phone number of local Boston BCIS?

Thanks

Venyk:

You've made it!!!
Congradulations!!!!

I'm still waiting. Yesterday applied for the 3-rd EAD....

Re: Venyk:

Venyk:

Where did you send you 3rd EAD application, Boston or VSC? I need to do my 3rd one also.

Originally posted by YLB2
You've made it!!!
Congradulations!!!!

I'm still waiting. Yesterday applied for the 3-rd EAD....

I did it exactly one month after the interview. The result was pretty much useless. May be it makes sense to try again...

I plan to visit sometime next week. Hope have some excited news.

I did it exactly one month after the interview. The result was pretty much useless. May be it makes sense to try again...

SP2SGI & YLB2

If you want your GC's to be approved soon please push the INS.
Talk to your lawyer and ask them to send a letter.
Go to Boston INS and talk to the officer and explain them and ask them to open an Inquiry why this is taking too long after the interveiw as the officer promised you will get approvel in 2 weeks.

The same thing i did and they opened inquiry and responded in 6 weeks and i got the approvel letter.

If you don't push them they don't bother and your file will be sitting in the corner.

Your cases should have been already approved the officer forget to send the approvel letters.

My Case was approved on July 11th and they send me the approvel letter after in Sep 29th.

So please open an inquiry at boston ins.

Thank you so much! I will visit Boston BCIS tomorrow.

BTW, what time is best, morning or afternoon?

My situation is kind of similar. I did interview on 9/17 in Boston, and was told they did not receive my second finger print result, it was somehow lost by FBI or INS. I had my third finger print done on 9/17, and am waiting for approval. I had my lawyer sent an inquire, no news back yet. It is sad when I was told they need several monthes to process my case.

I came to Boston BCIS this morning around 8:00AM and found too many people there. I need to wait for 4 to 5 hours. So I left and will try early tomorrow morning.

I also call the BCIS service center for EAD renew appointment at boston center. The lady is very nice. When I asked if I can inquire my I485 case status, she said Ok since it is almost 2 years after I filed it. She said I would get mail response around 4~6 weeks.

YLB2, I would suggest you call them too. You can require that same as me. Hope we can get approval soon.

Originally posted by Venyk
SP2SGI & YLB2

If you want your GC's to be approved soon please push the INS.
Talk to your lawyer and ask them to send a letter.
Go to Boston INS and talk to the officer and explain them and ask them to open an Inquiry why this is taking too long after the interveiw as the officer promised you will get approvel in 2 weeks.

The same thing i did and they opened inquiry and responded in 6 weeks and i got the approvel letter.

If you don't push them they don't bother and your file will be sitting in the corner.

Your cases should have been already approved the officer forget to send the approvel letters.

My Case was approved on July 11th and they send me the approvel letter after in Sep 29th.

So please open an inquiry at boston ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
sp2sgi:

Thank you for your advice!

A few weeks ago I called to the NCSC center and explained them my problem. The lady was very nice and she recommended me to send an Inquiry letter to Boston. I've done it one week ago and now I am again in my habitual state of waiting... However, I am also thinking about contacting sen. Ted Kennedy office. I've read somewhere on the board that they are willing to help if the case is pending for more then two years. I am not sure if they count two years from the Receive date or from the Notice date. Anyway, in November my case will be pending for more than two years for both of them...

Best,
YLB2.

Yes. I went to Boston BCIS at 6:30AM yesterday morning. Over 100 people aleady waited outrside. When I entered the E160, it was 9:10AM. Not bad!

But the officer (a black woman) left and returned after over 1 hour! So, you can imagine the effeciency there!

I basically got nothing from her. My documents are still there. I am still under background check. She said maybe it would take another one or half year! What a mess! Finally, I filled a form to inquire and left.

I also went to the EAD branch at 170 Portland street for taking picture and doing fingerprint. It only took me 5 minutes.

I don't know what I should do next step. It is really so disappointed!

Hi sp2sgi,

Did you try to visit Boston BCIS again ?

Thanks,
YLB2.