Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

sp2sgi

Registered Users (C)
Approved!!! --- Interviewed at Boston BCIS (NIW, self-sponsored)

Hi, Guys:

I just finished the interview.

RESULT:

Basically, it is OK and spent around 40 min. for both my wife and I. The officer said my case is ok, but he cannot make final decision because the background check has not been finished and also no visa number is available.

MATERIALS:

Passports, Visas, I-94s, EADs, SSNs, the original birth certificates, marriage licenses, three years tax returns, W-2s, all previous INS approval notices. In addition, you should bring recent your paycheck stubs and employment letter stating your position and salary. The employment letter should also state in one or two sentences your current research.

PROCESS:

Arrive at JFK at 8:55 and passed security check at no time. Then sent the I89 (from them) and notice to offices and wait. Our scheduled time is 10:00Am and we started around that time.
The officer is from asia and he is very careful. We signed a paper to waiver no lawyer and sweared. He took a hugh folder of all my application amterials and checked one by one. Also, ask me questions like work, passport, children, birthday, SSN, I-94(was taken offf), employment letter and paystub(was taken off) and some questions on the forms we filled before, like deport, terriest, crime and so on. We all said no.
Finally, he said my case is ok. BUT since the background check result has not arrived, he couldn't make a decision. Also, he need the visa number for the final GC. When I asked how long, he said don't know.
Then my wife, similar questions, like marriage certificate, passport, ead, employment letter/pay stub (was taken off), and I94 (was taken off). He said her case is ok but due to my case, he couldn't make a decision either. He said we will receive a letter after all done about the case. Then we left at 10:40AM.

SUGGESTIONS:

(1) take all materials you have for GC application;

(2) Take same materials as you applied, like birth/marriage certificates.

(3) Don't arrive too early. One hour ahead is enough (except you shecuduled time is before 9:00AM).

(4) Wear formal and be confident. Don't be nervous.

Good Luck to all!

Last news:

I just got letters from boston BCIS and said we got approved in the last date of 2003!

Thanks, my god! Wish you all luck this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello SP2sgi,

I am in the same boat. Monday my interview completed and they said the same answer that they don't have visa number. Please keep on update when you receive the letter. It will do the same.

Congrats sp2sgi,
I'm sure soon you'll recieve your apporval notices from Boston office. Prior to attending your interview, did you folks give your Second FP. If yes, how many does earlier than your interview date.

I'm surprised by the officer's one of the response that visa numbers are not available. Since EB1, EB2, and EB3 are current for all countries, i have no clue to which system does Boston office has access to.

I've got my interview on 7/14 and have already given my Second FP.

Congrats guys!!!

Congratulations on successfull interview. Hope you guys will get your approval letters soon and get the stamping done. I have my second FP on July 8th and Interview on Aug 5th.

What is this issue with Visa numbers ? Is this going to be another long wait for getting approval letters ? After the interview is it concluded that the I-485 has been approved and just waiting for Visa numbers now ?

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Congratulations!!!

My interview was done 2 month ago, but there is no final decision yet. What are these immigrant visa numbers? Is their number limited within a fiscal year the same way as for H1 visas? If so, we might have to wait until the end of the fiscal year, i.e. September 30. I hope this is no the case...

Toughdba:

cscgc19 belongs to CSC, we belong to BOSTON. After reviewing all BOSTON cases one thing is clear to me: BOSTON run out of immigrant visa numbers. And we do not know the rules of allocation of these numbers. Once the limit is reached, the SC cannot issue more visas until some event takes place. The event may be:

1. Allocation of additional numbers from the national-wide pool
2. Reallocation of the unused numbers between SCs
3. End of the FY
4. Anything else.

I hope that (3) is not the case, but after all these years of endless waiting I won't be surprised of anything.

Best,
YLB2

did you change jobs YLB2

is yours an NIW case.
My co-worker (EB1) went for interview and they didnt have his 140. said that they are waiting for the SC to send it to them.
He had to wait for almost 6 months. I dont have contact with him now but wondering if your case is the same (missing documents).

BOSTON?

Guys,

Something is not right with BOSTON. If there was no visa number the I-485 application is denied - period - based on the SOP. All numbers are Current as given by the State Department for all countries.
Second what about the clearance? What is going on here? Did you by any chance give your fingerprints for some reason before like professional or otherwise? they are in the database and there is no telling about the reason. See the link I posted somewhere also.
http://www.maggio-kattar.com/html/immigration/april2003.html

ag28:

My case is in EB2 category and I never changed the job.

This is just a bad luck, I guess...

YLB2 did you talk to you lawyer. What is ther response. Last week i went to boston and they open and inquiry on the case to find out the status but that too they said it will take 6 weeks

Venyk:

I talked to my layer a month after the interview. I do not remember his exact answer, but it was something completely useless. Therefore, I decided not to bother to call him anymore.

I am planning to visit Boston at the end of September. I will ask where should I file the EAD renewal. Last time I filed it in the VSC and of course, they transferred it to Boston. May be it is better to file it directly in the Boston office? I will also will ask them about the I-485 status, but I do not expect to hear anything valuable.

Did they explain you the reason for the delay? Where these 6 weeks came from, other than randomly picked number?

Last time they told me, that my case will take 2 more months. It is already 3 months have passed since then, but still nothing happened. It looks like their words worth nothing.

Best,
YLB2

Sp2gi, YLB2 just an update for you guys:

Finally i received gc approvel letter after 3 months of interview.Followup with INS finally worked out well.