Interview

menmyself

Hi,
I just recently had my asylum interview. He was an old officer and it was 1 and half hour long. What are the chances that my case would be approved? After, every questions, he told me that he just wanted to verify the statement that I had stated. I can't wait to get my result. Can you guys share your experience?. He was friendly and never asked me any negative question. What are the chances that my case would be approved.

Thank You

so if you believe that you had enough evidence and interview was less than 2 hours (if you filed on time) -- I guess its good. as far as I know if interview more than 2 hours -- usually no good.

by the way how long did you wait for the interview after you applied? I am going to apply soon

Tips on Dressing for Job Interviews
Clothing will play a role in your career so you should continue to pay attention to your wardrobe. Add pieces made of high quality that will match to what you already have.

Hi,
I just recently had my asylum interview. He was an old officer and it was 1 and half hour long. What are the chances that my case would be approved? After, every questions, he told me that he just wanted to verify the statement that I had stated. I can't wait to get my result. Can you guys share your experience?. He was friendly and never asked me any negative question. What are the chances that my case would be approved.

Thank You

at the end of the interview did he tell you to come back to pick up the decision or he would mail it to your address? wish you good luck!

I was dressed as if i was going for job interview...
He told me to come back and pick up the decision within 2 weeks....What does it mean picking up and mailing the decision?..

Thank You for da wishes..

@Asan- The interview could have been less than 1 hour but I could not get what he was asking sometimes....but he was positive all the time and after he got the answer as he wanted, he told me why he had asked me those questions?. I have my finger crossed..

No body can tell you the result. Every officer has his/her own style.

It is a good news that you can pick up the decision in 2 weeks. You are very lucky because some people wait for months and years for the results. I waited for almost a year to get the appoval in the mail.

Well It's a good thing that he told you to come back in 2 weeks to pick up the decision, waiting the decision in mail means just like second coming of christ you don't know when... may be months or years, in my case i waited for 3 months and am still waiting waiting... any way pray that God give success.

may be months or years, in my case i waited for 3 months and am still waiting waiting....

That is why I said that people who were able to pick up the decision within 2 weeks are very very very very lucky regardless of the outcome.

For those unlucky people who were told the result will be mailed, they have to go through one or more of the following options.

1. Waiting
2. More waiting
3. Endless waiting.
4. See a doctor to help you avoid serious health problems as a result of stress and endless waiting.

Option 3 and 4 are equivalent to mental torture. It is sad that they let people go to option 3 and 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was in first week of march,2011 and same thing happen to me my interview taken by old officer he was very nice with me and did not ask any negative questions as well he told me to pick up my decision in two weeks but within two weeks i got the letter that my decision will be mailed to my recent address i think because i m living far from asylum office i m still waiting for my result and each and every day i check my mail with hope that every thing going to be alright rest of the things depend on God just we have to pray and wait nothing we can't do really good luck to you .

Thats sad..Where did you apply your asylum from?. And I am a student too and I am in Opt. Hope that the same thing won't happen to me. Gud luck to you too....Hope you get your result soon and a good news too.

My interview was in first week of march,2011 and same thing happen to me my interview taken by old officer he was very nice with me and did not ask any negative questions as well he told me to pick up my decision in two weeks but within two weeks i got the letter that my decision will be mailed to my recent address i think because i m living far from asylum office i m still waiting for my result and each and every day i check my mail with hope that every thing going to be alright rest of the things depend on God just we have to pray and wait nothing we can't do really good luck to you .

The same thing happened to me as yours, once I was told to come back to pick up the decision in two weeks but later they changed their mind and called me to tell that I do not need to come and the decision will be sent by mail. Now already passed three months and no decision. at this point all you have to do is pray and make busy your mind with other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, they called you. I have to go this thursday to pick up the decision. Since, I am in Opt. I can go back to my status and the officer asked me about my status too...and where did you apply your asylum from?. Were you in status?

So, they called you. I have to go this thursday to pick up the decision. Since, I am in Opt. I can go back to my status and the officer asked me about my status too...and where did you apply your asylum from?. Were you in status?

I applied in Houston and I have been out of status.

Still waiting almost 2 months since my interview done , Oh my God it is tough time!!!!!!!!!! prayers requested...........and good luck for you guys i will keep in my prayers for your approval ...........Keep update pls