Interview Yesterday

regskins

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
We had our interview yesterday in Baltimore. I can post more about the experience later, but all in all it went well. At the end, the lady said that she was recommending us for approval. The same night I received a I130 approval email, however, I have a bad feeling my namecheck might be pending. I forgot to ask the IO.

I am thinking that if my background check had cleared, she would have taken my EAD and AP. In fact I told her that I already have ticket in hand to travel to Africa for work and she said to use AP.

Today i called customer service to try to find out about background check but they didn't tell me anything.

DO you guys think I am unnecessarily worrying and that I will get AOS approval email soon or am I onto something thinking that background check is not done yet?

thanks for your responses

Congratulations!

Hi all,
We had our interview yesterday in Baltimore. I can post more about the experience later, but all in all it went well. At the end, the lady said that she was recommending us for approval. The same night I received a I130 approval email, however, I have a bad feeling my namecheck might be pending. I forgot to ask the IO.

I am thinking that if my background check had cleared, she would have taken my EAD and AP. In fact I told her that I already have ticket in hand to travel to Africa for work and she said to use AP.

Today i called customer service to try to find out about background check but they didn't tell me anything.

DO you guys think I am unnecessarily worrying and that I will get AOS approval email soon or am I onto something thinking that background check is not done yet?

thanks for your responses

Hey- that great news!!!!!
Hope you are not stuck in the infamous name check hole- i don't thik you are if you got that email when you got home but not too shure...
Do come back and post some details- i too wil be interviewed in the Baltimore DO- if i evr get my IL.....lol:eek:

I received the i-130 approval letter before the welcome letter. So I think is a good sign. Normally they don't go "you are approved", others do though...that depends on the office or probably the authorization level of the officer who interview you.

Good luck!

thanks

thanks all for your words of encouragement. I also hope I am not stuck in namecheck. I travel a lot for work and I have already done it with AP, it's not fun. I was so hoping that for my next travel which will happen mid-may i would have GC in hand.

Another factor in case is that this is my second AOS application. Back in August 06 I had applied via employment in the NIW category (self-sponsorship). When I got married in September 07, that application was under RFE and my husband and family convinced me to abandon it and apply under family-based ( I wanted to do it on my own :) )

I also had 2 H1-Bs, and a total of 4 EADs to surrender at the interview. I was hoping all along that my background check had been done on the old AOS, frankly I was more concerned about merger of files and such given my long history with USCIS (I have been here almost 9 years and always in good standing, I have been on F1 too)

Anyway, I have no choice but to take easy over the weekend because nothing is going to happen for sure.

THanks again

To BMore Hopeful

Hey- that great news!!!!!
Hope you are not stuck in the infamous name check hole- i don't thik you are if you got that email when you got home but not too shure...
Do come back and post some details- i too wil be interviewed in the Baltimore DO- if i evr get my IL.....lol:eek:

HI There BMore,

I wanted to let you know how my interview went because I was looking all over this forum for baltimore interview before i went on mine and Baltimorians were so elusive, so I would like to help.

Ok, our interview was at 2:30pm. We got there at 1. From reading these fora I gathered you cannot take your cell phone in if it has a camera. My husband is a techy and has an i-phone that he loves browsing when he's bored. But i told him to leave it in the car, so they didn't call us until 3:30 and we were so bored and couldn't even tell what time it was without our phone. We saw one guy with an i-phone and my husband was regretting having left his in the car. Anyway, after almost falling asleep, they finally called us in. The lady was an African American lady in her late forties or early fifties. When we got too her office another younger African American lady was waiting there. My instictive reaction was to think there's something wrong with us to the point that a supervisor was there and they were going to gang up on us, but it was just a trainee. The lady swore us in and we sat down. We had everything they asked on the IL and more. She started with the I130 stuff and was completely ignoring me. She just asked my husband where and when we met. My husband explained that we met when i came in to interview where he worked. So the lady said, did you interview her, he said, no, I just happened to be the one closest to the door when she arrived for the interview, so I let her in and gave her a soda until the owner of the company arrived. He was so nervous he couldnt find his words for the owner of the company, so I ended that sentence before him and the lady told me firmly not to speak. Then, she asked when all that happened, my husband said it was at the end of the year 2006, I again corrected him and said it was 2005. at that point the lady got really mad at me and said very firmly, I said no help. I apologize. Then she could tell from our G325s that I had left that job. She asked if after I left, my husband kept in touch with me, he replied that we had already started dating while I was at the job. That pretty much were the only questions ever asked. Everythign else, was paperwork related and she was talking to the trainee and telling her stuff more than she talked with us for the rest of the time. She didn't ask for photos and she didn't ask for almost any of the things we had brought. All she took was a more recent bank statement of our joint account. Everything else, she just kept saying that we already submitted it. Again, she was just organizing paperwork and showing the trainee how to do it. Then she asked me a few no questions. Then she said, OK I have everything, I am recommending you for approval and you will get something in the mail. She asked me if I have questions and I asked her about travel with AP and she said yes, that's what the AP is for, to be able to travel while the app is pending.

When i went home that's what kept resonnating and the fact that she took all of my H1Bs, EADs, and even a former AP under another AOS app, but made sure she gave me back the current EAD and APs. That's why I am nervous that i may be in stuck in background check. But God is good, I will keep praying that I receive the welcome emails next week.

Sorry for the long post, like I said, I wanted to be able to help Bmore Hopeful. Let me know if you want additional information. YOu can also PM me if you want.

Thankyou! I apprecite it :)

HI There BMore,

I wanted to let you know how my interview went because I was looking all over this forum for baltimore interview before i went on mine and Baltimorians were so elusive, so I would like to help.

Ok, our interview was at 2:30pm. We got there at 1. From reading these fora I gathered you cannot take your cell phone in if it has a camera. My husband is a techy and has an i-phone that he loves browsing when he's bored. But i told him to leave it in the car, so they didn't call us until 3:30 and we were so bored and couldn't even tell what time it was without our phone. We saw one guy with an i-phone and my husband was regretting having left his in the car. Anyway, after almost falling asleep, they finally called us in. The lady was an African American lady in her late forties or early fifties. When we got too her office another younger African American lady was waiting there. My instictive reaction was to think there's something wrong with us to the point that a supervisor was there and they were going to gang up on us, but it was just a trainee. The lady swore us in and we sat down. We had everything they asked on the IL and more. She started with the I130 stuff and was completely ignoring me. She just asked my husband where and when we met. My husband explained that we met when i came in to interview where he worked. So the lady said, did you interview her, he said, no, I just happened to be the one closest to the door when she arrived for the interview, so I let her in and gave her a soda until the owner of the company arrived. He was so nervous he couldnt find his words for the owner of the company, so I ended that sentence before him and the lady told me firmly not to speak. Then, she asked when all that happened, my husband said it was at the end of the year 2006, I again corrected him and said it was 2005. at that point the lady got really mad at me and said very firmly, I said no help. I apologize. Then she could tell from our G325s that I had left that job. She asked if after I left, my husband kept in touch with me, he replied that we had already started dating while I was at the job. That pretty much were the only questions ever asked. Everythign else, was paperwork related and she was talking to the trainee and telling her stuff more than she talked with us for the rest of the time. She didn't ask for photos and she didn't ask for almost any of the things we had brought. All she took was a more recent bank statement of our joint account. Everything else, she just kept saying that we already submitted it. Again, she was just organizing paperwork and showing the trainee how to do it. Then she asked me a few no questions. Then she said, OK I have everything, I am recommending you for approval and you will get something in the mail. She asked me if I have questions and I asked her about travel with AP and she said yes, that's what the AP is for, to be able to travel while the app is pending.

When i went home that's what kept resonnating and the fact that she took all of my H1Bs, EADs, and even a former AP under another AOS app, but made sure she gave me back the current EAD and APs. That's why I am nervous that i may be in stuck in background check. But God is good, I will keep praying that I receive the welcome emails next week.

Sorry for the long post, like I said, I wanted to be able to help Bmore Hopeful. Let me know if you want additional information. YOu can also PM me if you want.

The detail was appreciated- I feel a WHOLE lot better about this whole interview thing just by having the chance to hear someone in my same DO's experience- i hope other filers about to do their interview read it too- it sure calmed my nerves!!

Thanks - and i pray you are not in that namecheck at all!

What do you mean by that? She took your I-94 showing your H-1B status, or she took away your I-797 showing your H-1B being approved? Or did she actually cancel your H-1B visa? Highly unlikely, but still possible.

When i went home that's what kept resonnating and the fact that she took all of my H1Bs

Hi Triple Citizen, it's funny you asked this, because at the time i wrote this post, I meant that she tore away the I94s from the H1B approval letters (neither of those H1Bs are valid right now).

But the reason why I think your question is a funny coincidence is that last night, I was looking for my I-94, the one i was given last time i entered the country on AP. I couldn't find it, I asked my husband if he remembers her taking it and he thinks she did or else we would have found it. That's really weird because I told her specifically and showed her a booked ticket for travel in mid May. If I don't get the GC by then, does anyone has an idea what would happen if I can't surrender my H1B when leaving?

Will I have any troubles?

thanks

If that was your last AP I-94 and it was still valid, she shouldn't have taken it unless she case was being approved there and then. Regardless, you still have a valid AP document. So I do not see any problems as far as traveling internationally is concerned.

Will I have any troubles?

thanks Triple. Could you weigh in on the fact that i have a feeling my background check might be pending?

thanks so much

Approved

as you can see from the first post of this thread, I had my interview last week, I was recommended for approval and later that day I got the I130 approval email. During the weekend, because I am a pessimist, I convinced myself that I may be stuck in namecheck, but today I was proven wrong, I got the card production email in the morning. I am so glad. This time, I am optimistic I will have the card in hand before my international trip in Mid-may for work. Thanks all who have put a word of encouragement!

There you go

as you can see from the first post of this thread, I had my interview last week, I was recommended for approval and later that day I got the I130 approval email. During the weekend, because I am a pessimist, I convinced myself that I may be stuck in namecheck, but today I was proven wrong, I got the card production email in the morning. I am so glad. This time, I am optimistic I will have the card in hand before my international trip in Mid-may for work. Thanks all who have put a word of encouragement!

Congrats regskins. That's an excellent news. Keep us posted.

GREAT!! i had been checking this thread hoping i would hera this- i am so happy for you!!!

HI Bmore and Atl Brother, I just mistakenly posted thank yous to you both under the Nov filer thread. Check it out. Good Luck