Interview, vaccines and fingerprints. My lawyer is driving me nuts!

Jesus Baray

Hi there everyone,

I just got the letter where they are scheduling my interview appointment in a month from now.
But my lawyer is driving me crazy! She just can't explain things well, and I don't know how to ask her any more.

She tells me to make a trip right away to the U.S. in order to get the necessary vaccines so when I get to the interview I'll be ready and they won't have to vaccinate me.

But! On the other hand I have friends and other people telling me not to apply any vaccine since they could not even take them as valid in the interview and I could get vaccinated again that day (double expenses, double pain).

I no longer know what to do, I had understood that in the same week before the interview I could carry out the process of the fingerprints scan and medical examination. Can anyone please orientate me about this? Especially those who have been through this recently.

Thanks in advance :)

PS: As additional info, my lawyer says "if you come to the US right now, I'll give you the address of a clinic where they'll charge you about $30 bucks for all the neccessary vaccines, but if you wait until the interview day they'll charge you $60 bucks for every vaccine". That's like... a lot of difference o_O Don't you think?

Hi there everyone,

I just got the letter where they are scheduling my interview appointment in a month from now.
But my lawyer is driving me crazy! She just can't explain things well, and I don't know how to ask her any more.

She tells me to make a trip right away to the U.S. in order to get the necessary vaccines so when I get to the interview I'll be ready and they won't have to vaccinate me.

But! On the other hand I have friends and other people telling me not to apply any vaccine since they could not even take them as valid in the interview and I could get vaccinated again that day (double expenses, double pain).

I no longer know what to do, I had understood that in the same week before the interview I could carry out the process of the fingerprints scan and medical examination. Can anyone please orientate me about this? Especially those who have been through this recently.

Thanks in advance :)

PS: As additional info, my lawyer says "if you come to the US right now, I'll give you the address of a clinic where they'll charge you about $30 bucks for all the neccessary vaccines, but if you wait until the interview day they'll charge you $60 bucks for every vaccine". That's like... a lot of difference o_O Don't you think?

Hi Jesus

Nice to see you again around here. I don't understand why you need to travel to the U.S. for the vaccines and that's not a requirement to do it in the U.S. unless you are doing Adjustment of Status and I;m not sure if that's your situation. You can take the vaccines in your home country.

I'm also adding a link from the department of state with information related to the medicals https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...ss/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html

I don't understand why you need to travel to the U.S. for the vaccines

Hi there Pierre82, that's other thing my lawyer said, that "they won't take as valid any medical exams made in foreign and non-authorized clinics", the thing is I've heard that some people get to the interview with the medical results they got previously in a clinic but then the officers reject those papers and make them pay again and get the shots again and that's exactly what I don't want.

But I'm about to check the link you gently provided, thank you :)

Hi there Pierre82, that's other thing my lawyer said, that "they won't take as valid any medical exams made in foreign and non-authorized clinics", the thing is I've heard that some people get to the interview with the medical results they got previously in a clinic but then the officers reject those papers and make them pay again and get the shots again and that's exactly what I don't want.

The medicals are only accepted, if they are done by authorized physicians and there is a list of them by country in the link that I provided above. I'm also adding a link with a lot of information related to vaccination and I don't think you need to spend additional money traveling to the U.S. in order to get these done.

USCIS Link related to vaccination https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

I believe in each country, there are approved/recognized clinics that the US Consular would accept if you take medical record/history/vaccines from those clinics. There might not be that many in the country, so the queues can be quite long.