Interview tomorrow at Baltimore!

imhrb

Registered Users (C)
Our interview is tomorrow in Baltimore (a bit nervous) - do they tell you on the spot if you are approved / not approved?

Don't be nervous

Our interview is tomorrow in Baltimore (a bit nervous) - do they tell you on the spot if you are approved / not approved?

Just relax coz this is the world's easiest quiz/test/exam whatever you call it. Just study those 96 questions and especially the one that concerns your city/state. I mean knowing your mayor, senators, governor etc etc. Be yourself and take all the necessary paperwork.
Once you are done with the test, he/she will tell you right away that you have passed the test and have been approved and either the officer will hand you the instructions about the oath the very same day or send you something in the mail. Most likely you will hear something from them in the mail. Be polite and make sure you note your officer's name and your Baltimore DO's local number just incase if you have to contact USCIS again to get info on your oath.
Good luck & I'm sure you'll do well.

Good luck. I was there at the Federal Building last year Sep for interview. The lady that did my interview was nice and polite. We are in and out within 5 min. She didn't exactly told us that we're approved but she unofficially said that she will recommended to her supervisor for approval. We received the notice of approval thru the email that night itself.

Funny, I work in the same building where we when to get our finger print hah

Ours is a marriage-based GC interview so I don't think we'd have to go for oath etc...right?

I know my officer's name :) He called me this morning for the exact location, and also emailed my attorney.

Imhrb i had no idea you too were a Baltimore filer- GOOD LUCK ! Come back and share the details ok :).

You said the officer called you? I didn't kno they did that- maybe you are more at ease- did he sound nice?

I don't think its the same for everyone, but our IO told us at the conclusion of our interview that we were approved and she stamped her "approved" stamp on our documents.

Good Luck! :)

Just relax coz this is the world's easiest quiz/test/exam whatever you call it. Just study those 96 questions and especially the one that concerns your city/state. I mean knowing your mayor, senators, governor etc etc. Be yourself and take all the necessary paperwork.
Once you are done with the test, he/she will tell you right away that you have passed the test and have been approved and either the officer will hand you the instructions about the oath the very same day or send you something in the mail. Most likely you will hear something from them in the mail. Be polite and make sure you note your officer's name and your Baltimore DO's local number just incase if you have to contact USCIS again to get info on your oath.

Are you taking the Citizenship exam....or having the interview for AOS?

this is NOT the citizenship forum. The OP is refering to GC interview.

My bad....I am sorry

I like to apologize for totally going in the wrong direction. I was going back and forth between this family based green card & US Citizenship topics & somehow got confused. I am glad that you guys were able to catch that & thanks for pointing it out. Again I am sorry.

yes! hope all went really well. come and give us the great news!

BTW if you can link your interview details would be awesomely helpful!

Well actually the interview went pretty bad. We were grilled for hour and a half for god knows how many things. My lawyer was there and was very assertive with the officer and spoke up a lot so that was definitely a great help.

At the end the officer didn't approve it yet but sent another RFE, requesting more documents.

So, I wasn't busy celebrating - I was actually recovering from the 90-minute grilling :)

Well actually the interview went pretty bad. We were grilled for hour and a half for god knows how many things. My lawyer was there and was very assertive with the officer and spoke up a lot so that was definitely a great help.

At the end the officer didn't approve it yet but sent another RFE, requesting more documents.

So, I wasn't busy celebrating - I was actually recovering from the 90-minute grilling :)

RFE for what? did he tell you?

Can you give us more details about what types of questions were asked??

Well he just asked so many questions about each topic. About where I lived and the details. Before I moved to the US, I had come a few times just for visit so a lot of details about those trips (which were more than a decade ago) and many things of the like.

Hopefully that means he approved you guys!

did he not ask your spouse any questions?
and what types of evidence did you take?

You don't have to answer this if you do not want to. Are there significant differences between you and your spouse as far as faith, age and ethnicity are concerned?

Well he just asked so many questions about each topic. About where I lived and the details. Before I moved to the US, I had come a few times just for visit so a lot of details about those trips (which were more than a decade ago) and many things of the like.