Interview scheduled for July 8 was canceled

WBH

Registered Users (C)
I passed the interview but my spouse got an interview cancel letter
that says "due to unforseen circumstances, we have had to
cancel the poreviously scheduled interview on July 08, 2009...
We will advise you of any further action taken on this case, including
any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice".

if you search the site, most of them are due to scheduling issues... I see your case is in Philly... no worries, I got a similar cancellation in March, 1 month later I got the rescheduling letter... so just sit tight and wait.... you will be fine.

if you search the site, most of them are due to scheduling issues... I see your case is in Philly... no worries, I got a similar cancellation in March, 1 month later I got the rescheduling letter... so just sit tight and wait.... you will be fine.

Thanks. There are some suggestions saying one can still go and try it out.
But I think that is a dumb idea

Thanks. There are some suggestions saying one can still go and try it out.
But I think that is a dumb idea

In interview cancellations where the case file has not made it to the DO, some have reported success by going to to the interview anyways with a copy of N-400 in hand. Since your cancellation was several weeks out, it sounds more like a scheduling issues rather than your case file not at DO.

In interview cancellations where the case file has not made it to the DO, some have reported success by going to to the interview anyways with a copy of N-400 in hand. Since your cancellation was several weeks out, it sounds more like a scheduling issues rather than your case file not at DO.

How can the interview be done without the file? It is apparently during the interview, the IO not only hold everything in the N-400 application package
but also the IO hold files from previous immigration stuff like I-485 etc.

Just a guess but perhaps the file has not arrived so DO sends out a cancellation, applicant rocks up as previously scheduled and file has shown up in the meantime - Result!

As I say just a guess :)

How can the interview be done without the file? It is apparently during the interview, the IO not only hold everything in the N-400 application package
but also the IO hold files from previous immigration stuff like I-485 etc.

The interview is conducted with the applicant bringing copy of N-400. The interview results are later compared to the original N-400 and case file when they get to the DO.

The interview is conducted with the applicant bringing copy of N-400. The interview results are later compared to the original N-400 and case file when they get to the DO.

I am starting to think you work for USCIS. you are very knowlegeable of the process....

MY brother case in philly was also cancelled

My brother case in philly was also cancelled, do you this they are doing it with every one, they dont have staff to conduct interviews.
thanks