Interview rescheduling

lk1508

Registered Users (C)
I have sent a request to USCIS to reschedule my interview because I will be away from the country at that time. Does anyone know whether the status gets updated once they accept the request to reschedule the interview.

You never know what they do, but chances are nothing will be updated. You will have to rely on the post, or call them.

I have sent a request to USCIS to reschedule my interview because I will be away from the country at that time. Does anyone know whether the status gets updated once they accept the request to reschedule the interview.

I don't think the status will get updated. Expect a mail from the USCIS with the rescheduled date for interview.

Rescheduling experience

My interview was earlier scheduled for 4/2/12 but I could not appear for the interview because I would be out of the country at that time. I sent a letter explaining the situation and and requested to reschedule the interview.

I received a Notice letter dated 4/3/12 rescheduling my interview to 4/19/12. The funny part was that I also received a Notice letter dated 4/4/12 that my interview on 4/2/12 had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and so I will receive a letter with the new interview date and that they were very sorry for the inconvenience. In short my new interview date is 4/19/12.

However another friend who was in a similar situation sent a letter explaining the inability to make it on the scheduled interview date and requested to reschedule had a totally different experience. They updated the case status that the person did not appear for the interview and that an explanation should be sent within 30 days. The District office seemed to completely ignore the letter in my friend's case. My friend has taken an Infopass appointment to explain in person about the situation so that it can be sorted out as soon as possible.

In short my new interview date is 4/19/12.

However another friend who was in a similar situation sent a letter explaining the inability to make it on the scheduled interview date and requested to reschedule had a totally different experience. They updated the case status that the person did not appear for the interview and that an explanation should be sent within 30 days. The District office seemed to completely ignore the letter in my friend's case. My friend has taken an Infopass appointment to explain in person about the situation so that it can be sorted out as soon as possible.

Good Luck for your interview! Make sure to take the interview call letter with you. It is sad that incidents like that of your friend's happen, hope that the Infopass sorts it out soon and your friend gets the date.

Infopass appintment update

Today my friend went for the Infopass appontment and discussed her case along with a letter explaining the reason for the failure to appear for the interview. The agent said that though the letter tends to create a panic, it was nothing serious. They probably received the earlier request to reschedule the appointment and it is just a way to kick off the process to reschedule the interview date. She assured that a letter with the rescheduled date will be sent soon.